Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Labor Day!

Last night I debated where I would fish on Labor Day. I went to bed deciding to play it by ear. I slept til after sunrise. I got to Lake Pflugerville around 8am. It’s been over a month since I’ve fished here. I was dead last to launch, there were already a dozen yaks on the water.

The lake is pumped full. The pondweed is dying back. There are a couple small clumps of hydrilla among the naiad, but not enough to keep the water from being murky green. Don’t know the temp, my spartan yak has no electronics. The lake surface was stock still, not a breath of wind.

I fished in the pondweed along the southern shoreline for a half hour. I paddled across to the mainlake point where a couple were lawnchair fishing from the deck there. I fished the outside edge and hooked into a juvenile largemouth, a real cutie-pie. I exclaimed, “So there are fish in this lake!”

I drifted back across to the southern shoreline. A couple in yaks were working theIr way east along the outside edge. I saw the female angler ferociously sidesweep her spinning rod. She battled the funfish and I cheered for her. I was hopeful the bite was coming.

The bite never materialized. I fished for a couple hours, feeling only the slightest nips by indeterminate species. An expert in an angler yak paddled by. I asked if he’d caught any and he said only one fish “so far.” Always best to be optimistic. Off at 10:30am.
Cloud Water Vertebrate Sky Smile

·
Registered
134 Posts
that water's gotta be near 90* right? mind showing a pic of your wacky rig pre rfish-on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts