Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
PIG! I think that fish is over 10lbs. I caught a 10.3 last year and this one is looks much bigger....either way, congrats and I knew I should have gone to Pville today instead of brushy creek :)
How did you do at Brushy? I have been wanting to get out there.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I saw this post a little while ago and didnt click on it because I thought it was going to be about a 10lb catfish. Then I see the number of replies and opened it up. Holy crap! How did that get in there? They stock that thing with 5lber's when it opened? Congrats!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I saw this post a little while ago and didnt click on it because I thought it was going to be about a 10lb catfish. Then I see the number of replies and opened it up. Holy crap! How did that get in there? They stock that thing with 5lber's when it opened? Congrats!
When they flooded the lake it swallowed 2 stock tanks, but I wouldn't be surprised is this fish was Lake pflugerville raised.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
The lake was 80% hydrilla for a few years. Those fish had time to sulk deep down away from all the bucket brigade and munch on perch.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Friggin toad. And it does look bigger than 10. My pb was a 10.75, and it was a skinny October fish. It was 26".

So how is the hydrilla doing at pflugerville?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Friggin toad. And it does look bigger than 10. My pb was a 10.75, and it was a skinny October fish. It was 26".

So how is the hydrilla doing at pflugerville?

There wasn't hardly a place on the lake where I didn't chart clumps and hills of hydrilla from 6 to 18FOW. Can't wait to see what it looks like once it reaches the surface this summer!

·
Registered
21 Posts
How did you do at Brushy? I have been wanting to get out there.
Brushy had absolutely nothing working for it. Fished for about 3 hours without a single bite. I marked maybe one or two fish. I hate that lake, it should be good, but it's not. In about 10-15 times I've fished it, only once have I caught more than 1 bass. I did catch a 6-7lber out there once upon a time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Brushy had absolutely nothing working for it. Fished for about 3 hours without a single bite. I marked maybe one or two fish. I hate that lake, it should be good, but it's not. In about 10-15 times I've fished it, only once have I caught more than 1 bass. I did catch a 6-7lber out there once upon a time.
Sorry to hear you had a slow day. I have only been out to brushy once with a friend 2 years ago. We killed the crappie along the bluff opposite from the park. Haven't been out since.

·
Registered
194 Posts
This made a FB page for Texas Parks and Wildlife.

Texas Parks and Wildlife Inland Fisheries - San Marcos
<redacted by me> caught this 10.1-pound (26-inch) largemouth bass from Lake Pflugerville. It's a pending water body record.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice toad! I saw you guys out there. I was the kayak fishing the west bank. Must have been after 12:00 when you caught her because I didn't hear any yelling or whooping going on. I took one last look after loading the truck and saw you still out there. Barely saw you arrive in the fog. I think I've said howdy to you out there before, but in any event, major congrats!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts