Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
005.JPG 006.JPG I was a little hesitant on whether to post this or not but was comforted by the fact that lake pflugerville is a very on and off lake(more off than on). Anyway, we got on the water around 9:30am and dragged Carolina rigs for while only picking up one dink. After a few slow hours we headed to our last spot and started throwing large shaky heads. On the third cast I hooked into my only fish of the day. She went 10.2lbs on the scale and was 27in long. She took the place of my previous 9lb PB(also caught on lake pflugerville).

·
Registered
194 Posts
View attachment 11192 View attachment 11193 I was a little hesitant on whether to post this or not but was comforted by the fact that lake pflugerville is a very on and off lake(more off than on). Anyway, we got on the water around 9:30am and dragged Carolina rigs for while only picking up one dink. After a few slow hours we headed to our last spot and started throwing large shaky heads. On the third cast I hooked into my only fish of the day. She went 10.2lbs on the scale and was 27in long. She took the place of my previous 9lb PB(also caught on lake pflugerville).
Nice fish! I hope the crazies don't overburden the lake like you said! I wonder if it's worth editing this post and cropping the photo so it only shows you and the fish and no identifying places.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Dude, you need a new scale that thing is no where near 10lbs... Its bigger. 27" and pretty healthy would put that thing over 12 in my book. Congrats man, that thing is a monster.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Glad to see some of the bigger fish survived when the City of Pflugerville desided to rape the lake last winter. My PB also came from that lake. I didn't have a scale with me at the time, but guesstamate somewhere on the fat side of 8lbs. Hope that toad got released back to the lake.
/fingers crossed

·
Registered
522 Posts
Glad to see some of the bigger fish survived when the City of Pflugerville desided to rape the lake last winter. My PB also came from that lake. I didn't have a scale with me at the time, but guesstamate somewhere on the fat side of 8lbs. Hope that toad got released back to the lake.
/fingers crossed
She was released happily.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm with Jukebox. My boat has 34 over 10 lbs (Fork native, Guide 5 years), so I've seen a few. If she was 27" long, her apparent girth would put her around 14 lbs +. The State Record was 25.5" long, #2 in Texas was 17lbs and 27" long. We had many fish over 10 lbs that were not over 24", they had girth like your fish.
Huge CONGRATS!! If you would, please put two new bags of 5lb sugar in a wal-mart or HEB sack and weigh them. If your scales are correct, her girth is decieving.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats! Pville has lots of big fish in it. I know I've lost a couple giants and landed a couple 6-7lbers out of there. I'll say, that lake has some of the prettiest fish I've ever seen too, including that one.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Way to go!!! Definite P-ville BASSQUATCH. I wouldn't worry too much about it getting over-crowded out there though with a pic of one 10lber. However, you start postin' pics of 10lbers you're catchin' every couple of weeks out there, that's when guys will take notice and you may notice a little more traffic. haha. And like others have said, it may be worth checking your scale with a 5lb bag of sugar or something. It's possible that your fish weighed more if it was 27", however, they come in all shapes and sizes. My biggest went 29" and was just shy of 12lbs (CA fish). Had a 19" girth. She had just finished spawning and was a bit lean, but you couldn't really tell she was that skinny from the photos.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Congrats, nice fish and from Pfugerville that's even more impressive. As others have mentioned it wouldn't hurt to check your scale

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the congrats! I am very happy to have successfully caught and released a fish of this size. We were using Joey's digital scale which seemed pretty accurate. The fish's girth may be deceiving because I hooked her in 26Ft and her blader was a little blown up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
PIG! I think that fish is over 10lbs. I caught a 10.3 last year and this one is looks much bigger....either way, congrats and I knew I should have gone to Pville today instead of brushy creek :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts