Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wen to Sturgeon Bay, WI to go fish a tourney. The best method was dragging strike king tubes, and kalins 5" grubs. in 15-23 fow on rock on the reefs. Most of the time it was too wavy to try to take pics on the water. Finished somwhere in the middle of the pack because of a stumble running 30 miles the first day to only catch 12 lbs, and ran 10 miles on day two to catch 20lbs. Go figure the long run never pays off.

And for good measure stopped at Bull Shoals on the way home to catch a decent 18" fish which is pretty darn good for this lake this time of year. Also caught a ton of 13"-16" smallies, spotties, and some more green fish.

It was good times as always on the big pond and look forward to going back in May. Peace, Paris.

· Registered
682 Posts
Way to go Paris (nice to see youve accepted the name, but I think Charlie Moore is more fitting  ;D)  Gotta love those smallies, maybe one day when i get rich and famous you can show me the great lakes.  One of my goals in life is to get up there and try.

Long sleeves and 100 mph suits, geez that is like 5 months away, are you sure those arent pic's from the past.. JK man. Good job

· Registered
110 Posts
I actually grew up fishing on the Green Bay of Lake Michigan with my dad. lived about 10 minutes north of sturgeon bay for a summer. Thats a great area. Those smallies looked like a ton of fun. Its been some years since i've hooked into some nice ones like that. My dad has been doing really good catching salmon on the lake side up there. He's been pulling in 4-5 a trip and has a few 18 lbs. Fun times!!! Tons of good fun fishing in wisconsin too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.