Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

Got skunked on Lake Marble Falls two times in the past week- anyone had any luck there or have any pointers for the lake? I'm just starting to get my feet wet on fishing for bass and that's the closest lake to me- any direction would be appreciated.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Try a worm or creature baits along the wall at the old plant next to river city grill, also look for ledges close to the dam.

Good luck ive been skunked there more than once. If you can get on LBJ the dock fishing is good, so are the main points and rockpiles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great advice, thanks fellas. I'll let you know how it goes when I get out there in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Congrats, glad you got one. Also very cool of you to use that pink spinning reel in breast cancer awareness month.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heheh and that's the rod I caught it on believe it or not...fiance's that's rigged out for ultralight.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I don't know why it is but I've always caught more smallies than black bass on Marble. I usually start around the Grill and go down lake which probably has something to do with it because of the structure, water clarity and depth. Drop shot, 1/4 oz shaky, have caught a few on 1/4 oz finesse jig. There are some good smallies in there though

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Lake Record smallmouth for Marble falls is 4.87 lbs. In highschool I caught some there and out of LBJ so it wouldn't surprise me if established a sustainable population.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Goods to know Brandon. I pass over LMF on my way to my place on Travis every week. I may stop and check the lake out for smallies

1 - 12 of 12 Posts