Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the water at 8AM and fished until 1PM. Caught 4 dinks about 10-12 inches and this one LMB that measured 20 1/2 inches and weighed a little over 5 lbs. Really windy and got to use my new Eagle Cuda 320C fish finder I just installed on the trolling motor. Boy did it work great. Wish I had bought one years ago but have them on sale at Academy for $149 (regularly $229 - William Cannon store only has some left)

·
Registered
120 Posts
G'town sure has some healthy lookin bass in it. Nice catch GH...

You didn't happen to be in one of those little Pelican bass boats with a trollin' motor on the front did you?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Switched over to the Trilene XT 14 lb. that you recommended.  Am going to also try the Parallium 20 lb. made by Lake Fork (www.lftlures.com).
And yes, that was me in the Pelican boat.  SwimsInCircles, were you out there? Was that you that started out fishing off the bank at the ramp and ended up going out with the guy in the fishing boat.  Did Ya'll do any good?  Heard you saw the boat and trailer incident at the ramp...must have been right before I got there at 8AM.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
That's a nice looking fish. I need to got out to G town soon.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, that was me. I just met the guy I was with that morning. He was by himself and asked if I wanted to go, so I did. He caught 2 or 3 dinks, I caught trees and rocks.....

I want to apologize to your buddy with the backpack (and you). When y'all (he) were (was) fishing from the point where you caught your nice 'un, he was telling us that he had missed a couple of big ones in that same spot. Well, instead of continuing across the cove or anywhere but right in front of where your friend was casting, the guy I was with just kept trolling out a bit and drifting right back in front of your friend.  :mad:  I honestly don't think he realized he was doing this because when I suggested that we troll on and let your buddy have his spot back, it clicked in his head what we had been doing and we moved on. About 3 min later, I saw you pulling your fish out.

As a regular bank angler, nothing pisses me off more than when some yahoos in a boat, who have the whole lake at their convenience, fish right through or stop to fish the little piece of habitat that I can reach from shore.  :mad:  

9 out of 10 anglers have respect and are courteous enough to go around but theres always that one yahoo that just doesn't get it. We (I) didn't mean to be that yahoo... :-/

So again, I apologize if we kept your friend from catching your fish  ;),
and congrats to you for landing it..... :cool:

Kevin

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the note, but didn't even realize your driver had even cut me off. Just met the guy on the bank...he had a pelican like mine pulled up on the bank and they were bank fishing since his trolling motor was not quite as big as mine. No apology needed. Wasn't doing much good in that area and the wind was blowing me whereever it wanted. Ended up going across to the Cedar Breaks side under the camping areas and fished the rest of the day on that side where the wind was blocked. Caught the 5+ lber and about 4 dinks and got off the water at 1PM. Would have asked you to go in my boat but my wife was meeting me out there a little later.

Gene

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not by the dam...caught it using a Storm Wild Eyed Shad trolling behind the boat on the Cedar Breaks side under the camping area cliffs.  My check stick only goes to 18" so I had a tape measure and used it to measure the length at just under 21".  Gotta get one of the longer Check Sticks that go to 24".
Here is another photo I took of the same fish...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.