Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend (Mike) call me this Thursday evening wanting to fish Georgetown. I have not been there for over 6 months. Arrived at 4:30pm to Jim Hogg Park Ramp. Started across ramp on main lake point. Caught about 10 bass from 12-14" on rattlesnake, shaky head style. Move up river to first major bend. The water was murky and off color. The depth was 20 feet on the edge of the channel. Saw about 3 other boats and met a Thursday night tournament bass fisherman name JOHN. We were actually looking for Crappie places. My friend Mike caught and release about 15 dink Crappie. I started fishing a topwater and had several blowups....then stuck a 22.5" bass right off the bank in less than 2 foot of water. Spawned out!

Move back towards the main lake points along Jim Hogg and caught slot fish from 14" to 18"....Most on rattlesnakes and senkos, Texas rigged.

Fun lake to fish at times...challenging at times, too. Should have entered tournament, but just went out for a few hours of relaxation. There is always a next Thursday night tournament!

Main Lake Water Temp was 73 degrees.
River Channel Water Temp was 71.3 degrees and off color.

Most of the bait I charted was up....in the 10-15 foot area. Winds were gusting at times. Never fished south or East of Jim Hogg.

Robert

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only saw a couple small items. The one thing I did, I stay to the south about 50 yards from the south shoreline and idled up to the mouth of the river channel. Out in the middle it is only 3-5 feet of water. You would never think this....I saw a couple boats hall but up there in the middle. Not me...Just follow the river channel and idle up. At the mouth of the channel it is 20 feet. On the south side of the river channel, fish the steeper banks in 9-15 feet of water. The bass are tight to cover or up against the bank. The water temp is in the mid-70's and murky up river. Fish with Bright colors on topwater or large bladed spinnerbaits or chatterbaits. The bass are light colored due to the murky water.

Good Luck. I will going back soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.