Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my little 4yr old boy fishing with me this morning. He helps me get kitchen passes a little easier.

We did pretty good. The lake is about 3 feet high which makes for some really fun fishing. Many of the bushes and grass that came up when the lake was low are now in the water. In the morning the bait is coming up shallow and so are the fish. Caugh several nice slot fish on a Pop R thowing between the bushes and along the outside edge first thing in the morning. As the sun came up, I started catching them on a spinner bait until I lost the bigger blade on a cast, I guess it wobbled itself off of the split ring. I did not have another T1 with a colorado blade, so I put one on with a willow blade and could not catch anymore. I then switched to a shakey head on the points, and picked up a few more unders and a couple more slot fish. Over all I did pretty good for having to keep my son entertained in between his 5 minute spurts of fishing.

Overall I caught 9 unders, and 8 slot fish. I was off the water by 11am when it started to get too steamy for me with no wind.

·
Registered
183 Posts
did you put in at cedar breaks park? i was there this morning as well, i think i may have seen you. i caught 3 unders and 4 slots fishing exactly the same way as you. i was using an h2o top water(sexy shad) and a rootbeer pepper/green baby brush hog. guess i should have gone with the spinner bait instead. i was off the water by 12.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.