Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to hit up Georgetown last night. Almost canceled because of the thunderstorms, but glad we didn't. Rained all around us. We only got rained on 1 time and it was less than 5 minutes.

Hit the water at 6 p.m. and as soon as we got to our "spot" and started trolling cranks with spoons trailing got a double hook up. 2 whites 1 on the crank and one on the spoon. We boated 19 fish about a dozen whites all healthy 10-14 inches. The rest were LMBs schooling with the whites. All went anywhere from 8-14 inches. Except for one fish. 24.5 inches and 5.7lbs. I thought it was going to weigh a lot more because of the length, but the fish felt like its stomach was completely empty. An awesome fight!! All fish where released.

There was a half rainbow above us almost the whole time was a great night!! Off the water at about 9:30. All fish where caught trolling and in about 20-25 fow. The surface water temp was 88-89 degrees.

I'm 6'3 fish was almost as long as my arm!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great looking fish! I haven't caught anything that big in GT in over a year, glad to see there are still some nice pigs.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Nice to see someone doing well out there. Thanks for the report and pics!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.