Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit Georgetown yesterday from 10-7. I fished from 10 until 2 pm without much to show. I tried some new places and found the fish at about 2. In the next 2 hours I caught 8 keeper crappie, 3 slot bass, several under size bass, and one 18.25" bass. Also, I had a huge fish hit my bait and rip drag before getting away with the back hook on by CB. I was catching them on a Middle N crank, including the crappie. I was fishing a brush pile in 15'. I called a buddy and he came out. We fished the brush pile a little more with about 6 crappie, a huge white, and a several more small bass. Then we moved over to another brush pile and caught a several more crappie and bass, including another 18.5" bass and a couple of 12"-13" bass.

All total we caught about 20 crappie with 12 keepers, one white, two over 18" bass, 5 slot bass, and over a dozen under 14" bass. Both big bass weighed 4.2 lbs each. Our limit of bass would have easily topped 10 lbs.

Most of the fish were caught in two different active spells about 2 hours each. There were a couple of times that the fish would get turned on and I would catch a fish 5-6 cast in a row and other times 2-3 cast in a row.

I had a great time and look foward to Thursday!

· Registered
126 Posts
I was out there as well....same story lots of fish in short spurts then drought then spurts....We caught them on main lake points on spinnerbaits and dd crankbaits...then found the whites and entertained ourselves for a few hours and caught about 40 total whites...fun day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.