Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake Georgetown - 10.36 lb hog

My Friend caught a 10 lb 13 oz 27.25" Black Bass at Lake Georgetown. We are wondering how to certify the bass and who to call, any help would be awesome!

Pictures and a story will follow.
The current record is 10.6 lbs and 25.25 inches long.

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Re: Possible Lake Georgetown record

That is KILLER!

Where is Ranger R77 when you need him !

I am not sure, but would say get it to a certified scale in Gtown, and then call TPWD.

Get a lot of pics and measure L and W.

Congrats!

EA

· Registered
476 Posts

He is currently Traveling!

I am not sure if this is the correct number to call but this is the number they have on there fish records page. It is the contact for more info.

Joedy Gray–Inland Fisheries • (512) 389-8037 • [email protected]

EA said:
That is KILLER!

Where is Ranger R77 when you need him !

I am not sure, but would say get it to a certified scale in Gtown, and then call TPWD.

Get a lot of pics and measure L and W.

Congrats!

EA

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks for all the help! We got a hold of Joey with TPWD and he sent me an application.

My friend took the fish to Mikes BBQ in Liberty Hill and it weighed in at 10.36 lbs.

He doesn't have the record but would like information on a good taxidermist.

Thanks again!

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Re:  Lake Georgetown - 10.36 lb hog

Do not worry about it Juke, there be thousands of DD's in G-town :p

EA

PS. Really do need some details to qualify this as a report too.

· Registered
1,895 Posts

The big ones really don't taste that good. :p

I prefer the 5-7lb range! ;)

Seriously though, 10+ on G-town is a great catch!

May have been this 7lber I caught and released a few summers' back....

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I'm sorry it took so long, this will be my first post with pictures. Also, I gave the wrong length, it was actually 25.25" long.

My buddy Lewis caught this fish while crappie fishing at Lake Georgetown early this morning. He brought the fish home in his live well and kept it alive until he called me at 8 and brought the fish over in a large ice chest with an aerator. The Huge female looked even bigger than it was and was floating on her side. She was breathing and moving her fins. I realized that she needed fizzing. I modified a ball needle and fizzed the fish through the gullet. It worked as far as uprighting the fish. We put her in the neighbors coy pond and started trying to figure out who to call and what to do. After about an hour in the pond she just rolled on her side and died. :'(

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.