Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up in the river, I picked up a couple of buddies @ the far rocks before the low water bridge. They had already caught 12 crappie of legal size, fishing minnows around the rocks. We got out in the boat and proceded to go around 150 yards south to the weed line. @ that point we anchored and started to fish. Throwin minnows on the bobber line, up against the weeds we managed 50+ crappies that were keepers and another 60+ that we let go!!!!!!!! :eek: Added to the mix was 3 blacks to 5 lbs. All in all it was a total A$$ kicking!! ;D Best time iv"e had with a spinning rod in 9 years! Brian

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day. I guess I haven't been all the way up to the low water bridge. How far up is that?

Bet it took you a while to get all those ready for the fryer ;D

· Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the kind remarks guys. B.C. that was me fishing from shore with the guys. The real kicking took place after you left. Funny thing is i have people telling me that g-town way up river is the place to be since my post. Hope i didn't mess anyones secret up. Brian

· Registered
724 Posts
Crappie are still King on taste, IMO! I do like Guads though and rate them a close second. It's also good for the lake to harvest them.

Oh...BassCat..... not a chance! ;D See you there! Who are you fishing with? I think my brother may finally fish it with me. How about you Jared?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.