Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Fork with my brother in law this past weekend. The fishing was very slow as we hit it hard from sunrise to sunset both days. Fished all over the lake but mainly in little caney, little mustang and birch creeks. The water was more clear in the southern parts of the lake but off color everywhere from all the rains they have had. Water was 55-58 depending on where we were. We only caught 12 all weekend but the bites we got were good ones. I had an 8.1, 7.5, 7 and two 5's. The 8 was caught on a viper jig in black and blue and the two 7's were caught on green pumpkin flukes with chart dipped tail. All were caught fairly shallow.

Good luck if you are heading up there this month.

P.S. I'm not to swift at posting pics so if these don't show up, maybe someone can help.

· Registered
2,900 Posts
congrats husker,great report. i'm headed to fork today . it's gonna be tough with the front tomorrow but it's still FORK. i'll post monday when i get back,or just look for me on the share a lunker site ;D
matt

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fact that it is Fork is what kept me fishing for two days. The lake is full of sharelunkers and you could get bit by one on any cast. The next trick is getting it in the boat! Hope you guys do well.

· Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for the report. Have a club two day on the 15th and 16th of this month. Will be going there Thursday to practice for two days and then fish the tournamnet on Sat and Sun. Hope to get some of those lunkers like you caught.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.