Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday Me and a friend, Luke, went to Buchanan to practice for my club tournament on Saturday. We got to the lake and headed up river. We started fishing different spots about halfway between the first falls and Bend. We fished up to past the second falls. We spent from 7 to 1:30 upriver and only had one keeper about 3lbs and several white bass to show for it. I learned a lot and will be back. At 1:30 we went to the Hi line and silvercreek areas and only caught a couple of dinks each.

Saturday I fished our club tounament with another friend, Scott Russo. I decided to fish some areas that have been successful for me in the past and it worked out. We won the tournament with 6 fish that weighed 19.29 lbs. I weighed the big stringer at 16.24 lbs. We fished shallow most of the day and caught fish on topwaters until 10:30 am.  We both missed several large bites on top. I dropped Scott off at 10:30 and only caught 2 more keepers and a few dinks until 1 pm when I loaded up to go to the weigh in. Here are a couple from Saturday.

Sunday I took my youngest daughter Chrissa fishing after church. We fished from 3 until 6 pm and caught several fish. The fish were missing the baits more often that Saturday. I had one up to the boat after a long fight that would have easily gone 6 + and when Chrissa went to net it the fish gave a wave and it was gone. I caught 6 other fish that were dinks. Everytime that I would set the hook she would say " Do you need some backup?" and she would grab the net to land the fish before I could answer.  
Now for the best part of the 3 days I fished on Buch, when Chrissa caught her 2 fish. The keeper weighed 2.8 lbs and she sure rubbed it in. "I caught the only keeper" she pointed out several times. She was excited! I can't wait to get schooled by her again.
By the way. When we kept missing fish on topwaters she wanted to use a worm and I resisted. The worms were the trick even with the clouds. She rubbed that in too. Here she is with the fish that she caught.

·
Registered
17 Posts
awesome report. Great to see the daughter had fun. I am excited myself. My 16 year old daughter who at one time loved to fish with me, has agreed to go with me during T-Giving break. Can't wait for her to crush some at Falcon.

Those Buch tournament fish are SOLID!!! Kinda like the fisherman holding them! ;)

Way to go!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Great report. I was there Saturday fishing mid-lake with a friend of mine.

We had planned to fish for Stripers but decided to get out of the wind and ended up having good results on the Largemouth, although not as awesome as your day.

Same pattern. They were shallow for a long time. We caught them steady until 3pm then it died completely for us.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I couldn't help myself. Me and a friend, Tommy Roberts, went again yesterday. We fished the same areas as before and one other area, both creeks. The morning started off a little slow. We only managed a couple of fish on topwater. As the day warmed the fishing got better. We fished from 6 - 1 and boated 25+ fish. The fish were 5 - 10 foot deep around rock. I caught 15 fish with 14 of those being keepers. My largest was just over 3 lbs with only 3 or 4 less than 2 lbs each. Tommy caught almost as may fish but only 3 of his kept. He did have the big fish with a 4+ lb fish though. Tommy also had on a very big bass that got away during the fight. Between the two of us we missed several other bites and I also had a couple come unbuttoned. My best 5 weighed right at 15lbs and as a team we would have had 16+. The best bite today was on a T rig Big Bite Bait stick worm. We left them biting at 1. I hated to leave because the bigger fish were biting late. No pics this time.

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.