Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the fish fry/bass tournament, officially going to be at Lake Bastrop, June 26th, I made it out to the lake with Moonraker on Thursday.

Water temp is a warm/crisp 92 degrees. Water was offcolor. Winds were light out of the south.

Found bass in 10-15feet of water. Fishing topwater, had several blowups, and some nice hookups...David broke off a nice one. We fished plasitcs on edges of grass/weed lines. My biggest bass were caught on senko's (Watermelon-Purple flake). Davids on topwater (Zara spook style).

Overall had a great time on the water, catching and releasing nearly 40 bass in about 5 hours of fishing. Air temp was pushing 95 degrees. Made it too hot for me, (I did not bring a cap)...

PICTURES coming after I download them off my cell phone.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Thanks for the report Robert, I need to get back out there.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
On Sunday a buddy and I landed a dozen fish bigger than that pic y'all saw... figured out a good bite out there lately... on Sunday the water temp was 86 degrees at northshore, on Thursday it was 92... if you can, it would be a good idea to go asap bwefore the water is 100.9 again like it was during the fish fry last year :cool: that lake is on right now. Supposed to be hot tomorrow. Ill be there Saturday and Sunday hopefully.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Today was another hot day of catching, another 40 bass. Boated 5 unders and one upper. Didn't weigh her.

Water temp was about 97 degrees in the discharge, and the coolest water I found was 90. Didn't seem to generate a lot today...

Was super hot, on the water at 5:50am off at 12:30...

Might be out there tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Proud of that fish 2x! ;D

I was out there today as well. On the water at 6, off at 11. Could only manage 2, how ya'll are getting those large numbers, I have no idea. :(

Rescued a fish this morning that had tangled its gill and pec fin in the grass and was tethered, swimming in circles.

Ended the day by towing in someone who had broken down.

One thing I did notice was that in some areas, the fish were so thick I could feel them running into my line as I pulled through them. And it wasnt grass bc I was out in the open near baitfish.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice report, guys.

My family and I got on Bastrop at 11am today.  I think that was Fishless-N-Austin putting his ProCraft up at North Shore that I talked to as we were heading out.  I was in a ProCraft also.

Problem with fishing with the family is that they rarely want to get up at the crack of dawn.  It was brutal out there.  And taking a dive in the lake wasn't much help.  95-96 degrees water temp, wow.  I was able to get 5 in the boat before they wanted to swim and tube.  Nothing of any size.  After tubing for a while, the plan was to fish until dark.  By 4pm, I was beat and didn't want to have much to do with fishing.  Therefore, the first 1 1/2 hours is all I got in.

I told my wife that I'm going to do a little fishing alone tomorrow morning so I can get on a lake early.  Just trying to decide where to go.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice talkin to you then, Fishless. I live in Georgetown. That's why I'm trying to figure out where to go in the morning or Monday morning. Would like to go back to Bastrop, but might consider something closer. Decisions, decisions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.