Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ranger521 invited me to go to Bastrop this cold Sunday morning. Arrived at North Shore ramp to find a full parking lot of boat trailers. Launched at 8am....I started hooking up on bass on lipless cranks, but most of them were small bass.1-2lbers. Then Bill hooked into a 3.5lb bass on red-lipless crank in 8 feet of water, near timber.

Fished all over the lake and ended at 2pm....Only caught and released 7 bass...had several come un-buttoned at boat...

Lures of choice were lipless and carolina rigs. Had some good hits, but no hookups.

Heard there was a couple bass club tournaments out there. One fisherman reported good discharge action in early morning. Also heard of a good stringer (Paper tournament) coming on ribbet frogs in grass, early morning, too..

Might have to try again, in about a week.

Air temp was 49 degrees....water temp range from 58 to 61 degrees. 5-10 mph Northerly winds.

I think there is a very shallow bite, in the reeds!

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang work!

Yes....I agree...But I have yet to find the money tree...LOL

Just love Bastrop no matter if the bite is on or not....I have had several 20lb plus five fish limits for the past several weeks. However, once you think you have figured out the bite....Well.....the bass win....LOL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.