Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ranger521 invited me to go to Bastrop this cold Sunday morning. Arrived at North Shore ramp to find a full parking lot of boat trailers. Launched at 8am....I started hooking up on bass on lipless cranks, but most of them were small bass.1-2lbers. Then Bill hooked into a 3.5lb bass on red-lipless crank in 8 feet of water, near timber.

Fished all over the lake and ended at 2pm....Only caught and released 7 bass...had several come un-buttoned at boat...

Lures of choice were lipless and carolina rigs. Had some good hits, but no hookups.

Heard there was a couple bass club tournaments out there. One fisherman reported good discharge action in early morning. Also heard of a good stringer (Paper tournament) coming on ribbet frogs in grass, early morning, too..

Might have to try again, in about a week.

Air temp was 49 degrees....water temp range from 58 to 61 degrees. 5-10 mph Northerly winds.

I think there is a very shallow bite, in the reeds!

· Registered
457 Posts
Robert as you know me and Moonraker hit it as well. A little different luck for us as we killed em in the discharge and continued on the grasslines. All solid chunky fish and again for me the spinnerbait was on fire. David taught me a good lesson in how to fish the trap. He wailed on me 6 to 0. Really cold morning- so much for the weather reports. David, enjoyed your company and look forward to fishing with you again. Brian :cool:

· Registered
1,182 Posts
Yea, fun day yesterday, at first I thought the lack of flowing water in the discharge was going to make the fishing slow in there. The first 10 mins of being in the discharge, there wasn't much going on... Talked to a guy in another boat and he hadn't caught yet.

Then the fish just starting going crazy, I was surprised at all the action going on in there.. Seemed like there were more of the bigger fish in there yesterday morning.... Caught some nice 3's and ended up boating about 17 fish by 11am. From 11 to 12 I don't think we boated a fish.

Off the water around noon.

I did notice the water was 10 degrees cooler than the past couple weeks on main lake.

Thanks for the trip to Bastrop Brian.

· Registered
1,183 Posts
I was out Sat also... Pretty good day, I took a couple dudes out from noon till dark. Took home 10 fish for a fry and tossed back about the same number. Caught about 8 slots and 2 Overs. the Overs were caught late in about a foot of water. Power fishing, nothing slow, pretty good action.

· Registered
14 Posts
I also was out Saturday. Put in around 1:30 at North shore! Very light hits mainly on shakey head worms!Went to discharge and hung only hawg boated,she went 21 1/2 ins. and was chunky. Had a few others hop off before they could be boated. Though it was a slow day,it still beat doing honeydoos! Happy fishing! :D

· Registered
2,913 Posts
70434C4547507D701515220 said:
Ranger521 invited me to go to Bastrop this cold Sunday morning. Arrived at North Shore ramp to find a full parking lot of boat trailers. Launched at 8am....I started hooking up on bass on lipless cranks, but most of them were small bass.1-2lbers. Then Bill hooked into a 3.5lb bass on red-lipless crank in 8 feet of water, near timber.

Fished all over the lake and ended at 2pm....Only caught and released 7 bass...had several come un-buttoned at boat...

Lures of choice were lipless and carolina rigs. Had some good hits, but no hookups.

Heard there was a couple bass club tournaments out there. One fisherman reported good discharge action in early morning. Also heard of a good stringer (Paper tournament) coming on ribbet frogs in grass, early morning, too..

Might have to try again, in about a week.

Air temp was 49 degrees....water temp range from 58 to 61 degrees. 5-10 mph Northerly winds.

I think there is a very shallow bite, in the reeds!
Those few days of work between your trips threw you off your rhythm Ranger. ;D
Dang work! ;D

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang work!

Yes....I agree...But I have yet to find the money tree...LOL

Just love Bastrop no matter if the bite is on or not....I have had several 20lb plus five fish limits for the past several weeks. However, once you think you have figured out the bite....Well.....the bass win....LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.