Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
I really don’t factor the spawn in to any of my angling considerations. I don’t sight fish or look for beds. I may not have the answer you are looking for.

IMO, yes the spawn is starting. The reproductive cycle of bass can be represented by a bell curve with the hornier fish moving up early, perhaps this weekend. The reproductive activity ramps up in late winter/early spring and then tapers off probably in April. I am not sure if the warmer power plant temps skews this to the earlier weeks of the year, but it certainly could. The late bloomers in late spring continue to do their thing perhaps on into summer. This spread out cycle is done to ensure the survival of the species, in other words, don’t put all your eggs in one basket.

· Registered
235 Posts
It would not surprise me at all to see fish spawning in bastrop, at least the very beginnings due to the unusually warm weather, but if it were me i'd fish the staging areas. i love to sight fish bastrop, but my guess is it'll be tough with the clear skies we've ben having

1 - 3 of 3 Posts