Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you like better? No need for specific fishing spots unless your inclined to share. I will be fishing lake Bastrop in a couple of weeks for the first time. I am just wondering if people prefer north or south shore... is one more populated with families swimming and such? Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
389 Posts
The South shore usually has more campers/swimmers, etc.. There are so many good fishing spots on Bastrop, that you can't go wrong with either side. Pretty much depends where you are coming from Hwy 71 or Elgin. I'm surprised Bill has posted any reports lately, I guess they have started schooling frequently yet.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I prefer North due to a better ramp. But it can get crowded sometimes with people fishing in the boat slips and some others holding up the ramp.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Which do you like better? No need for specific fishing spots unless your inclined to share. I will be fishing lake Bastrop in a couple of weeks for the first time. I am just wondering if people prefer north or south shore... is one more populated with families swimming and such? Thanks for the advice!
The north shore is much easier to find if you haven't been there. That being said, I like the south ramp a little better for launching. South shore is wider but a dock on one side only. Several boat slips on both at the ramp for longer times at the ramp. The north boat slips are usually packed with people fishing though. As Green Machine said, there are more campers and such around the general area, few are real near the south ramp itself though. A real nice picnic, swimming and play area nearby...just few people around the ramp itself ...usually.

Agree with him that both are good, so if you can use any tidbits in there to make your decision, then great. It's $5 a person to get in and no launch fee ...just per person.

Reactions: michang5

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
North is about 15 minutes closer to me, so I almost always launch from there, but both launches are close to some great spots in a kayak. Wind can sometimes determine which launch I'd prefer if it's gonna be a bad day.

Schoolies aren't schooling just yet. Give it another month or so.

-SSJr

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I'm thinking about taking the wife out to bastrop for some fishing in the next couple weeks. Unfortunately we'll be stuck fishing from the shore. Any advice on where to go in the park or if there is any decent shore fishing in the park? Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts