Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am in college and school is out I have a lot of free time to fish...I hit up bastrop this morning from about 6:30 to 11:30...boat a total of 31 fish...with 2 fish over the 21 inch slot....which was a first for me. The biggest weighed about 7lbs and was 22 inch. long. I caught fish all over the lake but the best was the grass. I did fish a deep hump and caught one small one. Mainly I fish a spook in the grass. The best grass was the stuff that was one to two feet under the water so I could fish the spook without getting hung up. Both of the overs came early in the morning and off a black and golden spook. I also fished a fluke for a little but I had better luck with the spook...Hope yall can make it out there its great fishing...lastly I have a question has anyone caught fishing pitching jigs in the little bit of hardwood on the lake...p.s. there are no photos because I drop my phone in the water, which was the only bad part of the trip. Bye Bye phone

TIGHT LINES

WESTTEXAN

· Registered
769 Posts
I have a rod rigged with a jig for pitching at all times when I'm on Bastrop.  I know a most folks never consider using them out there.  

Not only will you catch fish in the timber with jigs but they are great for catching fish in the outside and inside edges of the grass.  This time of year there starts to be a lot of slime build up in some parts of the timbered areas that will make presentation a problem. I catch alot of overs with a jig in the colder months when slime is not a problem.  

I've never had a big number day fishing jigs on Bastrop but your average size will increase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.