Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Lake Austin last two weekends, early  5:00am to 10:00 am. 360 area, jumping from grass bed to grass beds.
Lots of bait fish in the grass. Used a small swim bait,slowly though the grass and have been doing well. Big blow ups,
end up missing more than catching but still fun. Grass is coming back on the lower end of the lake.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I launched at Quinlan around 3:00 on Friday (7/16) fished a few spots around that area with no luck. Went down to a cove after the power boaters started getting thick. Fished until 8:30. My friend and I caught 4, two were around 16" and the others were smaller. We were using watermellon craw on a stand-up jig. They were hitting it as soon as it hit the water. While taking a break my friend threw out some stink bait and hooked onto a nice cat, but the line snapped at the hook.

Nice afternoon on the lake. It was nice to actualy catch a fish...it had been awhile.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes 4 1/2 inch hollow swim bait, shad color greenish/silver. Magic brand name??? Bought
them at Academy. They come in a 6 pack .  Storm makes a good one but can't run it in the
grass, hook is exposed. Wait till you feel the fish on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.