Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it out to Lake Austin yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours.  Hooked into a decent fish, but this is what I saw when I got it to the boat!   :eek:  Pretty interesting.  I'm going to say that's a fully digested Lake Fork Ring Fry.......  The fish seemed healthy though and obviously was still hungary because it engulfed my jig as soon as it hit the water.  I'm as guilty as the next guy about throwing torn plastics overboard, but this may be a sign that's probably not a good thing.  Ended up being a pretty good afternoon on the water though.  Caught a few more keepers along with some dinks.  I'll also say the ski boats are back in full effect.  It seemed like a Saturday out there!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yeah, that looks like a senko if you ask me. Looks like he was just about to pass that senko to live another day. Impressive! I was also out there yesterday and Spring Break has the water super choppy through some stretches. I had to gun it one point to prevent water from coming over my bow. Wind wasn't blowing much just alot of kids. But that's great for them. Saw a lot of people taking kids out fishing. Had 2 bites in 2 hours and caught both of them on senkos. First was 2 lbs and the second was 4 pounds.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Please tell me you pulled that thing out and put it on a hook.  You know it would have caught a 15 pounder!  Could have been the ultimate story... "Man pulls digested Plastic Ring Fry from fish, re-baits and catches new lake record"

Somebody put a Booyah on that one!

·
Registered
903 Posts
That has happened to my dog also :'(
Good reminder to all of us. Please don't throw your soft plastics or fishing line overboard. Many fish can't digest these things.
Sure is a sick way to die :(
Debbie V

·
Registered
321 Posts
Did you help that poor fish out and removed that obstruction?
.... Also, I can't wait to see tomorrow's post photo from you with that dangling from a hook in a lunker's mouth .... ;D you know they want it ... ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.