Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Hustler Turf, Mitchell Outdoor and TTZ $25,000 lake record prize is drawing to an end.  Since the promotion expires August 26, 2009, you have a little over a month to get lucky and take home enough money to make a down payment on a new Legend!

Who knows what Austin will be like this week, but it was this time last year when the big sacks started to show up consistently.  From July 16th through August 20th we had bags coming in at 25.85, 23.60, 24.93, 28.04, 21.00, 20.77, 24.37 and 19.98 pounds!  The stats don't lie, now is typically the time of year when the big ones bite!

Alright, enough of the sales pitch...it's gonna suck this week on Austin like it has for nearly the entire season.  However, we always manage to have a good time and there is still plenty of money on the line.  Of course it feels great to take down a pot with quads, but is cashing in on ducks any less rewarding?

We'll be at City Park around 5:30 pm, registration and livewell checks start at 6:00 pm.  Please do not launch from City Park as the gates close at 10:00 pm and you will be locked in.

Complete rules can be found here: http://ttz1.com/texas-tournament-zone/ttz-lake-austin-wed-night-tournament/

·
Registered
435 Posts
After my stellar performance this weekend :'( I may make an appearance to donate some money to the pot this week.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Be good to see you out there Ed.

As Andy posted this is the time that the fish normally turn on. However, will the smallish bags coming in lately, it is anyones game to win.

Eric

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
HOPE EVERYONE IS SAFE ON THE H2O!

SHORT TERM FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AUSTIN/SAN ANTONIO TX
459 PM CDT WED JUL 22 2009

TXZ171>173-183>194-206-208-230000-
LLANO-BURNET-WILLIAMSON-VAL VERDE-EDWARDS-REAL-KERR-BANDERA-
GILLESPIE-KENDALL-BLANCO-HAYS-TRAVIS-BASTROP-LEE-COMAL-CALDWELL-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LLANO...BURNET...GEORGETOWN...DEL RIO...
ROCKSPRINGS...LEAKEY...KERRVILLE...BANDERA...FREDERICKSBURG...
BOERNE...BLANCO...SAN MARCOS...AUSTIN...BASTROP...GIDDINGS...
NEW BRAUNFELS...LOCKHART
459 PM CDT WED JUL 22 2009

.NOW...
THROUGH 7 PM...SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL DRIFT THROUGH THE
AREA. THESE STORMS WILL PRODUCE FREQUENT LIGHTNING...SMALL
HAIL...WIND GUSTS TO 30 MPH...AND MODERATE RAIN. RAINFALL TOTALS
WILL BE UP TO ONE INCH.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was a wet one for sure. It's 3:25 and I'm still wet and a bit tired right now so will have the results up first thing in the morning...my definition of morning that is.

As mentioned above now is when the big fish start to bite and we did weigh in a really nice fish last night!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I don't know if much can top the 'swimmy senko' comment.   Thanks for sharing Andy!   To see a kid that age weighing in their first of many tournament bass was awesome to witness and I can only imagine what Daddy thought.  A big congrats to Ryder!

Cary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts