Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Join us this week and squeeze in a fishing trip before the weekend crowds take over the waters!  

Everyone that's out fishing and enjoying their favorite cold beverage has a chance to win the Hustler Turf, Mitchell Outdoor Equipment and TTZ $25,000.00 prize for catching the new lake record. In addition, Lee Evans and Certified Arbor Care is throwing in an additional $300.00 if you can beat last year's Big Bass of 11.34 pounds!

We'll be at City Park around 5:30 pm, registration and livewell checks start at 6:00 pm.  

Please do not launch from City Park as the gates close at 10:00 pm and you will be locked in.

Complete rules can be found here: http://ttz1.com/texas-tournament-zone/ttz-lake-austin-wed-night-tournament/

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Looks like we will have a really nice evening to fish.

We will beach up at CP around 5:30p - Registration and livewell checks at 6p - a machine gun start will happen at 6:30p sharp.

If you have fish to weigh, be sure to be on the beach before 10:00:01.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.

Eric

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking forward to the second of three conditioning days before the Fourth of July explosion!

Hopefully the cloud cover will turn on the big bite tonight, see y'all in a few!

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Tonight...Mostly clear. A less than 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Lows around 70. Southwest winds 5 mph.

[highlight]Last Update on Jul 1, 4:48 pm CDT
[/highlight]

LCRA water release thru Mansfield Dam....9 am - 11 pm

PS: I posted in the tip section, some websites that talk about fishing for bass in Rivers (e.g. Lake Austin)
http://www.austinbassfishing.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1246470464/0#0

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Nice night on LA, and a special moment when the " kid " smoked all the
" men " to win the T and Big bass with a double digit!

A few years short of a drivers license but can still out fish all the old guys. Way to go Jake Read. Everyone is very proud of you.

Details, pics and results will be posted later of this event.

Eric

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Man, his Dad really knows how to spoil him ;)! Grats Jake, and Dale, you guys are machines.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Jake way to go dude awesome fish and Dale congrats on having a sons that will fish you and enjoy the memories...Big Congrats

·
Registered
637 Posts
Jake, that is awesome!! Keep it up!! I can't wait until my son gets to be your age and I can bring him out there. Special times you'll never forget! Congrats on your double digit toad. The only thing we caught was a PB turtle ;D

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Jake, congrats again man. Lots of great anglers go their whole lives chasing the elusive double digit. Couldn't happen to a better guy.

Bet LA was a little cool when Pops sent you out for your victory dive!

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
I agree Books, Jake is a class act. Soft spoken, polite, and very even keeled. Credit has to go to Dale for passing down his traits to his son.

In a meeting today to discuss a spot for Jake on the TTZ fishing team for 2009-2010 season. :cool:

Eric

1 - 13 of 13 Posts