Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Texas Tournament Zone, Marine Outlet of Temple and Legend Boats have teamed up to bring you the 2009 season of Wed Night Tournaments!  Our first event will be held Wednesday, March 11 on Lake Austin.

New for this year will be the TTZ and Marine Outlet Legend demo nights and we'll have a 2009 Alpha 211 with Mercury 250 Pro XS for you to test drive at EVERY one of our events!

Last year we paid out $18,445.00 in prize money and this year promises to be bigger and better than ever!  For more details please visit www.ttz1.com

Hope to see everyone out there!

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
We are currently planning to go at least a month straight on LA. I know a lot of people like the switch to LT, but with the spawn this year we are hoping to break the current record bag of close to 28 lbs for 3.5 hrs of fishing.

Last year the spawn was no go due to the water clarity, this year, bam!

Cannot wait to see some people we have no seen in awhile!

Eric

· Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
47706B615D437771766B6C020 said:
Cannot wait to see some people we have no seen in awhile!

Eric
Definitely looking forward to seeing old friends and making lots of new ones this year!

There are plenty of reasons why you should come out to a Wed Nighter...Lake Austin eye candy (aka Radar), big fish, nice payouts, good people, cold beverages and did I mention Lake Austin eye candy?!  The list goes on and on but the one overwhelming factor is the fun.  I've seen these tournaments grow from 5-7 boat jackpots to an amazing 29 boat field last year!  This tournament format is one of the most fun events I've been to and has a little something for everybody.

For die hard tourney anglers that love the competition but need a break from the grueling 8 hour, rule infested trail events, we provide a competitive environment that allows you to fish against some of the best sticks in the Austin area while enjoying your favorite iced down beverage.  We came up with a very simple set of rules to keep the tourneys laid back while still remaining fair.

For any new comers to the tourney scene, this is one of the best ways to cut your teeth in the field of competitive angling.  Fishing these events will give you an affordable way to fish competitively, against the clock and other anglers, and allow you to hone the skills that every successful tournament angler must posses - decision making, adapting to the changing conditions/patterns on the water, time management and learning how to win.   

These tournaments are also a great networking tool for anyone new to the Austin area.  Anybody that has been to a Wed Nighter can tell you we are not a bunch of ego driven anglers that stand around looking down at everyone else and keep to ourselves.  Our goal with these events is to know everyone on a first name basis and have a good time.  To be honest, I have just as much fun meeting and catching up with everyone during registration and hanging out after the tournament under 360 as I do while actually fishing.  And sometimes the fishing actually sucks and all I'm looking forward to is heading back to 360!

So if you are on your way out for the first time, we are pretty hard to miss.  As you pass Ski Shores and come around the bend to City Park, look for all the bass boats beached up, people gathered around with their favorite beverage in hand and the gold pole with the dancing girls and the soon to be three TTZ 2009 Legend Alpha 211s with Merc 250s.

It's about that time...Go Big or Go Home!

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
You are also welcome to fish before the tournament if you get on the water early. I used to, but found many times I would catch a good fish, then stray from my pre-plan only to not do very well, but it is up to you.

We normally start beaching up and shooting the bull about 5:30p, sometimes sooner.

At 6:25 everyone can leave the beach and position themselves for the semi-automatic shotgun start.

It is important to remember that you must treat LA like a road, and run on the right side of the lake.

Sometimes APD will be watching the start, so make sure you are safe, and following the rules of the lake.

More info to come next week!

Eric

· Registered
682 Posts
I think E has been working out for the next showdown w/ Duane;
I noticed like 3 empty 30 packs of keystone boxes next to his trash can. E, be careful w/ the 12 ounce curls, dont want to tear a muscle and remember Duane played high school football     supposedly

Paris and I will be there, donation in one hand, double barrelled Keystone in the other

· Registered
284 Posts
*Edit -- Just noticed the $40 entry fee listed in the graphic, so yep, price is still the same.

Also, I will have a backseat open if someone would like to come along.  I do 80% of my fishing on LA at night so I have a couple spots that we can try.  Just send me a note.

~Barrett

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Guys,

Just wait and see what we have coming as far as new money for our Wed night series.

Some big things are in the works, but I can announce this part now.

For all TTZ Wed nights on LA !!!!!

Break Dale's record of heaviest 5 fish sack at 28.04 LBS Get a Bonus of $300.00

Break Kevin's record of biggest bass at 11.34 LBS Get a Bonus of $300.00

The big bass and big bag is sponsored by Lee Evans a member of ABF and TTZ. He is the owner of Certified Arbor, and can handle all Commercial and Residential Tree Care. http://www.certifiedarbor.com/ Thanks Lee !!

See everyone Wed night!

Eric

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.