Bass Fishing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 674 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Never in my LIFE have I caught fish like I caught em this morning! Showed up at the ramp (360) around 5:30ish to find about 100 truck/trailers!!! It was the Texas Law Enforcement Bass Tourney!! I waited for the tourney guys to finish getting their boats in the water before I even pulled in.. I did manage to get mine in (and park my truck) about the time they sounded the horn.. What an awesome experience!! We were all rippin down LA like mad men!! What a RUSH!! I ran to Emma Long Metro and started throwing my chrome/black Super Spook Jr.. Figured it looks A LOT like a shad, so why not!? Well let me tell you, did I hit that nail on the head!!! Nothing but 1-3 pounders all morning!!! Put around 40 fish in the boat with 22 keepers total... The LMB were running the bait fish like CRAZY until about 9:00.. I would just throw into the middle of the madness and come out with a fish EVERY TIME! My best run was 4 keepers on 4 consecutive casts! MAN I HAD A BLAST! Guys in the tournament who were fishing all around me were really scratchin their heads! No one was draggin em in like I was! Course, it was about quantity not quality for me! Like I said, all my fish were in the 1-3lb range... No big momma's today! 9/10 times I am the one left puzzled! I have seen guys have days like I had, and I have NEVER had one! So excuse my excitement, BUT HELL YEAH!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They did not come with me. They would NEVER get up that early! Instead, they eagerly await my arrival back home so we can fire up the skillet!!! We LOVE bass! Plus, I have family staying with us through the weekend (mom, dad, neices), and they were all expecting a FISH FRY!! Killed two birds with one stone today!! Really enjoyed myself and now I get to kick back and have a "free" meal this evening with the fam!!!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I feel that wrath coming, especially from the LA fanatics

Reactions: long_shot

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
They did not come with me. They would NEVER get up that early! Instead, they eagerly await my arrival back home so we can fire up the skillet!!! We LOVE bass! Plus, I have family staying with us through the weekend (mom, dad, neices), and they were all expecting a FISH FRY!! Killed two birds with one stone today!! Really enjoyed myself and now I get to kick back and have a "free" meal this evening with the fam!!!
Had you gotten a couple of 12 pounders in there, y'all could have ate free again tomorrow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I totally understand the 5 fish limit... Believe me... My flame-suit is on and I figured I'd get some hell for keeping the fish I kept.. Fact of the matter is, 9/10 times when I go fishing, I throw back.. Doesn't matter if I catch 1 or 30.. I ALWAYS throw back... So, being that I have a house with a total of 7 people in it for the weekend, and they all requested a fish fry, I figured, WHY NOT! I'm certainly not the only one who is guilty of such a thing.. Not to mention I did not keep anything illegal... I threw back all the dinks! I only kept the legal sized fish... So blow me out of the water if you will like. The next time I fish LA, I'm sure I will not bring anything home, just like I did not bring anything home after my last trip...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I totally understand the 5 fish limit... Believe me... My flame-suit is on and I figured I'd get some hell for keeping the fish I kept.. Fact of the matter is, 9/10 times when I go fishing, I throw back.. Doesn't matter if I catch 1 or 30.. I ALWAYS throw back... So, being that I have a house with a total of 7 people in it for the weekend, and they all requested a fish fry, I figured, WHY NOT! I'm certainly not the only one who is guilty of such a thing.. Not to mention I did not keep anything illegal... I threw back all the dinks! I only kept the legal sized fish... So blow me out of the water if you will like. The next time I fish LA, I'm sure I will not bring anything home, just like I did not bring anything home after my last trip...
Keep your ass north of 71 please!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You do know that every fish over the limit is a potentially seperate fine right? That could have been an expensive fish fry buddy.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
I have nothing against keeping your limit, hell I do it all the time. I love me some delicious fried basses, but keeping three limits is just not cool. There are several places in Austin that sell fish and are very reasonable, Quality Seafood is my choice. The excuse you're making of having family in town doesn't really justify you keeping three times your limit. Butt horn.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
You have posted 3 reports on this forum and you have kept your fish every time. Including an 8lber, which was fine and legal

1 - 20 of 674 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.