* Humidity: 31%
* Visibility: 10.00 miles
* Last Updated on Jun 23 2009, 8:51 pm CDT
* Camp Mabry / Austin City, TX
* NOAA's National Weather Service
* Station Id: KATT
* 2.61705 miles from location
Wind Speed: Southeast at 4.6 MPH (4 KT)
Lunar Phase: New @ 0.8 days (Not Visible)

Trip Notes: Nice trip. A bit too hot all night, but the best fishing I've had in a while. Started at 360 bridge and went straight to the sole remaining green underwater light.

Caught several nice size whites (see below), and one nice LMB. Posting for that one.

Returned to the dock around midnight when it slowed down. fished from the dock for about an hour. Caught two good fighters there, but both broke off before I got them in the boat. Both on Texas rigged senkos.

Posting report from 360 bridge parking lot!

All fish released to be caught another day.

Total Recorded Catches: 4
  • Catch 1: Tuesday June 23, 2009 09:52 PM US/Central
    Map
  • Latitude / Longitude: 30.3457 / -97.8106
  • Fish: True Bass, White Bass
  • Weight: 2 lbs. 11 oz.
  • Length: 17.9"
  • Bait: Plastic Minnow, Powerbait Pearl Red Eye 3" Pogy
  • Notes: Let the bait sink 7 to 10 seconds the slow reel in.
Nice chunky white! First catch tonight.

• Catch 2: Tuesday June 23, 2009 10:11 PM US/Central
    Map
  • Latitude / Longitude: 30.3457 / -97.8105
  • Weight: 1 lb. 4 oz.
  • Length: 13.5"
  • Bait: Plastic Minnow, Powerbait Pearl Red Eye 3" Pogy

• Catch 3: Tuesday June 23, 2009 10:53 PM US/Central
    Map
  • Latitude / Longitude: 30.3457 / -97.8107
  • Fish: Black Bass, Largemouth Bass
  • Weight: 2 lbs. 11 oz.
  • Length: 17"
  • Bait: Spoon, Cabelas Real Image Perch 1/4 oz.
  • Notes: Favorite fish of the night!
Nice size LMB, not my PB, but best recently. Good fight. Caught on the lure in the photo.

• Catch 4: Tuesday June 23, 2009 11:07 PM US/Central
    Map
  • Latitude / Longitude: 30.346 / -97.8105
  • Weight: 2 lbs
  • Length: 16.75"
  • Bait: Spoon, Cabelas Real Image Perch 1/4 oz.
Another chunky white.

Sent from my iPhone using iFishJournal -- Fisherman's Journal App!

·
Registered
291 Posts
nice report. Yea that sole light is a sad one sitting under that dock. The nice one was packed up when that family moved back to their permanent residency. Dunno why they couldnt just leave it on for us, we would take care of it :)

good ol technology. I am going to have to see if they have something like that for the storm.

~BE

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Wow, all from the iphone is impressive. Now if they would just make a app that tells ya where the fish are at, I could really use that one.

Kinda dis-appointed though that is does not break down the fish catch time to the second. ;D

Eric

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
6267706F6264676A6761736374060 said:
this is an excellent report...I have had some luck by that green light as well around 10 pm about a week ago catching two two-pounders in about 20 minutes using a watermelon red yamamoto worm texas-rigged.
I've never really had much luck with worms on those lights.  I've done okay with them on the green lights in Devil's Cove on Lake Travis.  I was amazed at how well the Texas Rigged Senko worked by the bridge/dock though.  Every time I've tried there I've hooked something -- and every time it's spooled line and then broke off when it got close enough I could see the fish.  It lasts for about 20 minutes and then nothing...

Also, crankbait used to work well for me, but lately I haven't caught anything on it.  Not sure why, probably operator inexperience.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
152239330F11252324393E500 said:
Wow, all from the iphone is impressive. Now if they would just make a app that tells ya where the fish are at, I could really use that one.

Kinda dis-appointed though that is does not break down the fish catch time to the second.  ;D

Eric
Now, I could put the seconds in the report, but if I knew how to write an app that told me where the fish were, I'd say I'd be dang rich! ;)  Anyway, that's what you guys are for -- much of what I've learned about bass fishing has come from tips on this forum and experience trying them out!  Now I just need to figure out how to fish at night without the lights...

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
0D2238230C242F4B0 said:
Well done on the report! Kudos.  You probably even made Yung jealous with that one!
For sure!  Now's that's a fishing report right there.  <Jim Carrey voice> I like it alot..  

Imagine compiling 4-5 years of that kind of data.  It could definitely be helpful with analysis.   I know it seems a bit cerebral for just fishing but my nerdy technologist side can't help it.  

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.