Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7 teams fished the event on what was a good day for some and a average day for the rest, 3 teams did come in with some pretty decent limits the rest of the field reported pretty tough fishing.

1st place went to Jared and Phil with a 5 fish limit of 12.58lbs. I caught up with Jared and phil after the tournament and the team said that they only had one bite until 12:30. "We had just about given up when we decided to go hit some laydowns around the grass up on the north end of the lake." At this spot the team filled their limit and culled 3 times by 1:15!! Pretty amazing considering the teams day until then. Jared said that they caught all of their fish on flukes in watermelon red color. They said they were just flipping the fluke into the laydown and bringing it to the edge where it meets up with the grass and that is where they would get bit, they also reported having doubles on at two seperate times in the same tree. That tells me the fish were pretty stacked up!!!
Winnings $185

A very close but second place finish went to Justin and Barrett with a 5 fish limit going 12.28lbs. Good job guys!!
Winnings $100

3rd place went to Scott with a 5 fish limit for 11.82lbs. Scott fished alone today and had a excellent day for fishing by himself. We ran into Scott mid morning and said he reported having 6 bites all morning long but had filled his limit with five of them!!! Great job Scott.
Winnings Fringe Tackle Pack

4th place went to Jamie and Brandon with 3 fish going 8.49lbs. The team fished hard all day to earn the 3 they got. Brandon did have Big Bass for the tournament at 3.65lbs. earning the team $65. We caught all of our fish on flukes in watermelon candy and cotton candy color.
On another pretty neat note.. While fishing one particular dock Brandon was flipping a 3/4 oz. Old Ham jig in about 15 fow when he got a good thump.. He set the hook only to find out that the fish had spit the bait (or I just suck), but on the very next cast he put it in the exact same spot but the fish did not hit again, but while reeling in rapidly a fish in the 8 to 9 pound class surged at the bait right under the boat sideswiping it and totally missed. This unfortunate event left the team with the thought of what could have been?

Thanks to all that came out and congradulations to the money finishers with some good sacks. Special thanks to Jeff and Fringe Tackle Company for the prize to the just out of the money finisher, those are some great looking baits for Lake Austin Jeff! Hopefully we can do this again before the TTZ tuesday and Wednesday night tournaments begin.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Had a great time, the weather wsnt all that good until around 10:30 when it stopped drizzling. I had 2 bites first thing in the morning and our first stop and couldn't get a hook in either one. Barry caught one around 1pm and I broke off another. If hadn't sucked so bad Barry and I would have had a better showing. Oh well, some days your the bug and some days your the windshield.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Enjoyed it guys, thanks for organizing it Brandon and having Barrett and I out. Weather turned out almost ideal after a little while. Thanks again, and look forward to doing it again sometime.

·
Registered
535 Posts
B
Thanks for getting me out yesterday, sometimes fishing is theraputic. My hands are sore today must've been from the drizzle and casting, good feeling though.

Mike and I spent most of the day focusing on deep fish, all of my fish were on a 1/2 oz shaky with a viper 8" worm. I think the success the winners had was following their instincts for the season even though the weather the last few weeks might make a person think twice about where to find fish. My old and I do mean old instinct told me deeper water at 52 degrees. Note to self: Remember this event

The water itself was in great shape, good clarity and the fish we caught were all healthy.

I enjoyed it and the winners had one of those days we all fish for. Thanks to Mike Hail for letting me tell him where to fish all day, I'm sure that got old, LOL. I'd better get my float working again, 3/17 is going to be here before you know it.

Thanks again for 7 hours of therapy, we hope that everyone enjoys the baits and knows where to find us on Facebook.
J
Fringe Tackle Co.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yep, enjoyed that tourney a lot. First time I have been on a team that boated a limit in an actual tourney on LA. Thanks to the guys for organizing it and for Justin for having me out. We'll get those extra 5 oz. and take first place next time :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Weather made it a little uncomfortable early in the mourning and 1 dink at 7:15 didnt help. Fished deep all day with out getting bit then around noon decided to run past quinlan the sun just started to peek and tried fishing some shallower water but they were hammering the fluke couldnt get bit on anything else 4 or 5 were hooked deep!! Pulled 8 or so off 3 laydowns....i do have to give phil alot of credit he hooked the last cull and that probably put us in front!! Wish i could of got a look at the one i broke off! Had a great time lets do it again soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts