Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The club I fish with was going to have a tournament on Lake Austin in February. Our director had to change the lakes due to the fee's the City of Austin was going to charge. We were going out of City Park, launch fee was $8.00 no big deal. The wanted to charge $60.00 fro park rental. Now the kicker they want a little shy of $700.00 for a liability policy of $500,00 for a one day tournament. This is one way to stop people from coming to your city. :-/

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it all depends if you ask for a permit or not. The Corp lakes ask for you to get a permit also. This way they can control the number of boats at one ramp and on the water on a given day. I use to run a fishing circuit and always ask for a permit. One year at Belton two other clubs showed up at the same ramp we were using. It put about 50 more boats out of that ramp and things got crowed. I think this is way the home owners on Lake Austin will keep bass fishing tournaments off the lake. I heard they(Lake Austin Home Owners) back doored this policy on bass fishing tournaments. Hope this helps some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.