Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished lake Austin with my dad from 7am - 1pm. Started on the bank across from 360 and immediately started catching fish. Around 7:30 I hooked into a monster. She nailed it right against the bank and started heading for deeper water. She came up, shook and threw my bait right back at me. This fish would of gone 9-10 pounds. We started working up towards city park catching a fish every 20 minutes or so. I was throwing a sexy shad series four crankbait and my dad was throwing a model a in the red and black crawfish pattern. Both seemed to produce the same results. Around 10 I hooked into another monster. I ended up getting this one in. I thought it was a double digit but after weighing it it only went 8.10.. We worked our way back to the bridge only catching a couple more fish. All in all it was a good day.  We caught about 12 fish all on crank baits. All fish were extremely fat and healthy. The picture of the big fish kind of sucks but you can tell it was a good one.

·
Registered
428 Posts
NICE! I got a few minutes out tonight, and just caught 3. Had one on a topwater. 2 on crank. Talked to a man couple guys that said they "Wore their arms out" My best was 3lb. Now we have to hunker down for the big chill!

·
Registered
133 Posts
[highlight][quote  Around 7:30 I hooked into a monster. She nailed it right against the bank and started heading for deeper water. She came up, shook and threw my bait right back at me..[/quote]
[/highlight]

Had the samething happen to me sunday morning on a crankbait at the rock bank across from 360.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Very nice trip and report. I really need a little boat for the draw downs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very nice fish!
As a photographer, one piece of advice I always give people (especially fishermen) is to turn your flash to ALWAYS ON. Most small digital cameras have a lightning symbol that indicates this.
People think that since they are outside they dont need flash, but it will pop light into all of the shadows, like your face under your hat and will illuminate the fish very nicely!
Nice catch! We were out there Friday night till 2AM and only caught 2 fish. Oh, and those 2 were caught by my buddy  :-[

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.