Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per Dan Davenport, director of Texas B.A.S.S. Federation Nation, North Central Division, there was a Bass tournament on Sunday, Feb. 1st. from 6:30am to 3pm. They had 36 boats fishing it...I heard is was very tough fishing! Nice to have met Dan and others setting up under the 360 bridge.

Matt wanted to fish for stripers and whites on Lake Travis, but with the winds blowing from the SW at 12mph, gusting to 23mph, we did noot want to fight waves, just to jig up a few fish.

However, wanted to get on the water, on such a nice weather day.

Bass-n-bay (Matt)  and I put in at 360 ramp at 2pm. Fished till 6pm...Matt stuck a fish and broke it off using a Black/Blue Jig with black twin tail trailer. He was fishing in less than 3 feet of water. The water was back in a small creek. The clarity was off-color, versas the ultra clear water on main lake.  I tried everything from lipless cranks, flat a-cranks, jigs to tx-rigged worms. Met another fisherman out there that had one close to four pounds, using a weightless fluke he had caught in less than a foot of water. He caught south of the bridge. We fished from 360 ramp to Dell property.

At 5:30pm, I stuck a 17" bass (2.73lbs) using a #32 Culprit 7.5" Pumpkin Seed Worm, in less than 2 feet, against a dock/bank, in the back of bull creek!

http://www.culprit.com/catalog/cucat_pg89.pdf

Water was ultra clear, 55 degrees.

THATS IT! No more....

·
Registered
170 Posts
It was a tough day. Fish were scattered out and there wasn't really a pattern to follow. Oh well thats Lake Austin for you. Had a fun weekend fishing the Federation. I haven't checked yet but I am sure they will have results up on the North Central Region site.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Congrats Justin and Mark on your second place finishes this weekend.  Tough is right, between fishing 15 hours on Stillouse and Travis this weekend we only managed 6 total keepers.

Looks like Taylor is in the top 5 after both events and Fisher is in 3rd, keep it up guys!

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
was a tough day for sure. Definitely better than sitting at home. Also, wanted to make sure that please no one feeds the sea gulls at ski shores. the gentleman that manages the place doesn't want them fed and he states that "port aransas rules" are in effect at ski shores. I guess that no one is allowed to feed sea gulls in port aransas???

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Federation Nation tournament was my first time on Lake Austin. I fished a lot of really good looking areas. I managed 2 bites all day, one 16" & one 12". I fished a lot of different things that didn't work. What did I do wrong??

·
Registered
284 Posts
zaspook, you didnt do anything wrong man. LA likes to chew you up and spit you out one day then bless you with a monster or two the next. thing is for me lately, LA has just been slapping me around (including the wakeboarder/wind mixture on saturday :mad: )

·
Registered
468 Posts
There must have been a big tournament on Travis too. I got to Travis about 8am at the Dam and the lot was almost full. At around 4 there was a crew putting up baskets and scales and other equipment. Looks like they had a good turnout.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saturday, we were at Travis, my first time there too. I didn't catch but one keeper there either. I know the lake is 25' low, but I didn't see anything good on that lake. I like Austin a lot better, there are some fishy looking areas.

·
Registered
221 Posts
2E3B373B3D2E2C242A3D4F0 said:
There must have been a big tournament on Travis too. I got to Travis about 8am at the Dam and the lot was almost full. At around 4 there was a crew putting up baskets and scales and other equipment. Looks like they had a good turnout.
The 2 of us couples tournament was on travis Saturday. But most of the traffic was probably just the last weekend to pre fish for Champs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.