Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Administrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the week off and spent Monday, Wed, Thurs, and Friday on the lake.   Targeted bedding fish.   Most days were 5 or 6 fish, all sight fishing.

Wednesday I had 19 lbs, and had about the same today

Wednesday big fish,  7lb, 24.5 inches, Thanks to JR for taking the picture.  This fish had a 10 lb head.   Fish was crusing and hit a wacky senko

Friday big fish 9lb 8oz, 24.5 inches,  Thanks to Jamie and Cathey for taking the pictues.  Smaller fish is a 4-4.   Big fish hit a Mattlures Ultimate Bluegill swimbait.

· Registered
146 Posts
Nice fish man I saw you out there yeserday. I had some customers out there today and if we were able to get all the fish in the boat we would have had about a 30lb sack for the day. One guy has two fish right at the boat that were easy over 7 had another that was prob knocking on 6 pounds. Managed to net two 5 pounders and had three or so 4 pounders. later on I managed to get a 7.2 in the boat. I have not had a day like that out there in a LONG time, glad to see the lake still producing that kind of fish.

· Registered
9 Posts
Nice Catch!

Just curious, does Wake Austin have a lot of spring breakers this time of year? I don't live in Austin, but can't wait to get back. The bass out here are a lot smaller and less numerous than LA. You might not realize how good you have it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.