Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved out of Austin about ten years ago and it's been that long since I've fished in the Austin area. I've got a high school kid that I am taking out for some fun fishing and we are going to be on Lake Austin. I was wondering if there's much of a bite there since they've killed the grass or if we would be better off heading over to Travis. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lake Austin is closed for the weekend to powerboats. Hope this helps your decision.
I should have been more clear. We are fishing Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning. Are they expecting Lake Austin to open back up to powerboats by then? We are planning on tubing with kiddos Wednesday through Friday and we would need to make a Plan B.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'm not sure when they'll open the lake back up. I heard about the closure on the radio. I've never even been near that lake.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pretty sure the lake was just closed to personal watercraft and not power boats, just jet skis and such.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I moved out of Austin about ten years ago and it's been that long since I've fished in the Austin area. I've got a high school kid that I am taking out for some fun fishing and we are going to be on Lake Austin. I was wondering if there's much of a bite there since they've killed the grass or if we would be better off heading over to Travis. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
Sadly, since you left Lake Austin fishing has gone bad. They killed all the hydrilla and I think they brought in carp to eat whats left so Travis may be a better bet for you. If you kayak you might try Town Lake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts