Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Nitro27 braved the 12ft jon boat out on Austin yesterday and it was well worth it. Targeted the northern part of the lake,its amazing how far you can actually go with two blue tops. Anways only had a disposable camera so youll have to believe me. All fish except one were caught wacky style and the other on a crank. Our big fish was 7lbs with a 5lber not far behind. We also had several 4's and a handfull of 3's and a bunch of 2's no dinks at all. The weather couldnt of been bettar for a 12ft boat. Those of you contiplating on going, you bettar get out there while you can. Congrats cajundrew, Ea ,Airfob, Rmv on your catches out there. Can you say Jon Boat HHJ Tourney.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anytime fish head itll have to be during the week sometime. Trust me my jonboat is already booked both days this weekend. Just let me know, ill just have to leave work early. That 7 was my personal best on austin. She should of been bigger but she was long and skinny with a bucket mouth. As a matter of fact my 5 was caught while helping jared land a 4#er. The jon boat was spinning in circles so i set my pole down to turn the boat around after he released his fish i went back to my pole and there she was 5#even. The fish are stacked up. You would go 30min with nothing and then catch 4 fish in a 20ft stretch. By far my best trip on austin. 7hrs in a jon boat will do numbers on your back though. It was well worth it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
yeah basscat 200 and i made the journey ... i started out on fire then he cam e along with that 7lber and then the 5lber ... all in all great day on the lake with a buddy ... i personally saw one though that was every bit of 10 lbs i never seen one that big followed a 3lber to the boat that i caught ... ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.