Bass Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
4579744E527E7D7D7472657E63110 said:
Wow!  I just looked up the lake record and it was 27 inches long and 14.35 pounds!  I can't imagine what this fish would have been if she was a little younger.  
I am tellin' you man, load that fish up with eggs this spring and she is an EASY 13+... Heck of a fish! In some ways a fish of a lifetime...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
684A5C4748290 said:
[quote author=4579744E527E7D7D7472657E63110 link=1224884338/30#39 date=1225148623]Wow!  I just looked up the lake record and it was 27 inches long and 14.35 pounds!  I can't imagine what this fish would have been if she was a little younger.  
I am tellin' you man, load that fish up with eggs this spring and she is an EASY 13+... Heck of a fish! In some ways a fish of a lifetime...[/quote]

Thanks!!! So the question is how do I top that?! That is what keeps you on the lake for that extra hour telling yourself just 1 more cast and then I'll go!! That last cast repeats itself a few hundred times!

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
734F427864484B4B4244534855270 said:
[quote author=684A5C4748290 link=1224884338/30#40 date=1225160695][quote author=4579744E527E7D7D7472657E63110 link=1224884338/30#39 date=1225148623]Wow!  I just looked up the lake record and it was 27 inches long and 14.35 pounds!  I can't imagine what this fish would have been if she was a little younger.  
I am tellin' you man, load that fish up with eggs this spring and she is an EASY 13+... Heck of a fish! In some ways a fish of a lifetime...[/quote]

Thanks!!! So the question is how do I top that?!  That is what keeps you on the lake for that extra hour telling yourself just 1 more cast and then I'll go!!  That last cast repeats itself a few hundred times![/quote]

I hear you bro! I tell myself "Just ooooone more cast" almost every time I go.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Awesome fish Chad, congrats!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Do you know if that fish was blind in one eye? The left eye looks really milky in the pics like it may have been injured before.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
745B415A755D56320 said:
Do you know if that fish was blind in one eye?  The left eye looks really milky in the pics like it may have been injured before.  
Yeah I think so. Her right eye was okay but the left looked blind or she is just so old she's getting cataracts!! ;D

Also if you look on her right upper lip you'll see where she was either caught and released or she broke off part of her lip getting away.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I made it out for hours this afternoon. Bite was slow but I managed a couple nice 3's. I was burning a mega bass crank across from the 360 ramp and hung a nice fish. I got her up to the boat for a few jumps but couldn't get the net under her. I'd say she was a solid 6 pounds at least. Those little mega bass cranks are awesome on hooking fish but the small hooks just don't hold on for squat! :mad:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
5E4F5C53565F5C54493D0 said:
Nice bass Chad. Enjoy the everlasting memories!

RG
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Thanks!!! How are you doing?! Are you up to making a trip out on Austin before I head back out west?!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Nice fish Collector!! My biggest ever was 10.06 lbs. on Austin and was 27 3/8 inches long. You mention Lake Fork taxidermy, and they are the best.

I caught mine just after the spawn and she was pretty skinny. Lake Fork Taxidermy said it was one of the longest they had done but was definitely a "post spawn Texas strain toothpick". I said "hey man I'll take a double any way I can get it", and he heartily agreed.

As Lake Fork Taxidermy will tell you, they have molds for typical double digits, but won't for yours. Of course they will make you one for a cool 8-10 grand I think it was. I elected to have them get close on the weight, which translated to a shorter fish- about 24 inches I believe.

I have mine coming out of the water next to a log, with the line and baby brush hog coming out of its mouth. I can show you anytime if you'd like to do something similar.

They take a while but well worth the wait.

Congrats again man, awesome toad!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
4469696D6374060 said:
Nice fish Collector!!  My biggest ever was 10.06 lbs. on Austin and was 27 3/8 inches long.  You mention Lake Fork taxidermy, and they are the best.  

I caught mine just after the spawn and she was pretty skinny.  Lake Fork Taxidermy said it was one of the longest they had done but was definitely a "post spawn Texas strain toothpick".  I said "hey man I'll take a double any way I can get it", and he heartily agreed.

As Lake Fork Taxidermy will tell you, they have molds for typical double digits, but won't for yours.  Of course they will make you one for a cool 8-10 grand I think it was.  I elected to have them get close on the weight, which translated to a shorter fish- about 24 inches I believe.

I have mine coming out of the water next to a log, with the line and baby brush hog coming out of its mouth.  I can show you anytime if you'd like to do something similar.  

They take a while but well worth the wait.

Congrats again man, awesome toad!    
Thanks Booker!! I had them do my biggest from last year which was also an Austin fish.. Big head and skinny body. It took almost 6 months to get but they did an excellent job on it. They are quoting 30 to 45 days on this one for me since I am a repeat customer. I'll ask Charlene to see if it would be shorter fish. She didn't mention anything about that when we spoke on the phone last week. Thanks for the heads up!!!

41 - 60 of 63 Posts