Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks guys! It's amazing what catching a fish can do to your spirits. My pops says I get too excited over catching a fish... I tell him that's the whole reason to fish!

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Congrats on the PB and welcome to the double digit club.
A nice Texas trophy before you head back west.

We need to link up for BBQ and story telling before you head back to Cali.

Well Done Chad!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Wow, that's an awesome catch Collector and a great story! 28 inches is a looong fish, probably would be a Share-A-Lunker if caught during the spawn. Congratulations!

John

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Now I know why Alan wears that glove!  She gave me a good thrashing.  Both my hands look like this.   :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
Man, I was fishing that dock with my new swimbait the day before yesterday and i seen a bass about 6 or 7 lbs chaseing a huge bluegill ,but the funny thing was he wasnt trying to eat it. The bass finnally caught up with it then just sat there and kinda nudged it so i threw my swimbait over by it and they both swam off. I have never seen anything like it. it was like they were just playing or something.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks everyone!   :)  Here's 1 last pic that was taken at the bridge.

I hope that everyone on here gets a chance to hang into one of these Lake Austin Pigs!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Man that just makes my day !!!!!!!!!!! Way to go !!!!!!! You even had to go in and get her !!!!!!!!! When people open up a Webster's dictionary and look up "THE MAN" it will be your smiling face they see :) :) :)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Congrats Chad!! What a HAWG :eek: :eek:

So you had to actually jump in the water to get her, and then unhook her underwater :-?... that's sick ;D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
2239383C303F3E3C303F510 said:
Congrats Chad!! What a HAWG :eek: :eek:

So you had to actually jump in the water to get her, and then unhook her underwater :-?... that's sick ;D
;D Well not actually! I was hanging over the side of the boat and half in the water. My head stayed safely above water but I did unhook her when she was about 2 foot under. :p

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Wow! I just looked up the lake record and it was 27 inches long and 14.35 pounds! I can't imagine what this fish would have been if she was a little younger.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts