Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
John, I made up 4 pvc trees a year ago and never dropped them anywhere. Kinda tough to do in the yak and never felt like taking my dads boat. Anyhow, they are cemented in 5 gallon buckets, just need to cut the holes on the main pvc and slide the limbs through. They are all about 6' tall, about a $100 in material total. If they allow it I will be more than happy to let you guys sink them in LA. I have to be in san marcos on the 11th early but I can drop the trees off to someone if they can take them to LA.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will match up to the next $500 in donations

I look forward to also being there to help on the 12th. I will also match up to $500 in donations that come in from today till the 12th. Austin John, please track this.
This ($500 donations and my match of $500) should put us at a total of over $2,000. I am a big fan of the restocking lake austin with perch. We may need to stock them over the brush piles so that the new perch can find the cover needed to survive. I will also extend the offer if anyone closes a transaction (purchase, refinance, or construction loan) with me, I will donate $500 per closed transaction to our restoration project.

I appreciate everyone that is coming together to bring back our beloved Lake Austin.

Ryan Earl Leahy, CMPS, CDLP
Leahy Lending Team
Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc.
2600 Via Fortuna #330
Austin, Texas 78746
Work: 512.380.1921
[email protected]
NMLS #209010
Visit our website at Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc. - Leahy & Associates, Austin, Texas
And
Check us out on YELP

·
Registered
81 Posts
Donation made. I will be there on the 12th and will work on trying to get off the 13th. I can't transport anything big in the Skeeter, but i do have some canvas tarps to protect it while transporting some small trees. Your list says Cedar trees, will they take Christmas trees? I have a few if they'll take them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well I guess we don't have as much money as I thought. I called and got quotes on 300 cinder blocks, $705 with tax, and 400 36" cable ties $321 with tax. So that puts us at $1026. Right now we have raised $1035 on our funding site here:

Save Lake Austin Habitat Project by John Ward - GoFundMe

We have some connections through the radio station that want to help raise money, Booker is meeting with them on Wednesday. Between now and the 12th I'd expect our donations to grow. Regardless TTZ will help put on the crawfish boil on the 12th.
I know a guy .... who bought fifty 38 lb cinder blocks from Lowes in early January and they were $1.52 each.

300 blocks for $705 seems about $200 high.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Calendar looks clear. I got;
4wd, but if it's really knarly wherever the trees are, let me know ahead of time and I'll break out the Rock crawling Ranger that's dented up with the 10,000 lb winch. We'll pull trees over!
A 5' by 8', I think trailer.....
A chainsaw
And an 18' Deep V, it'll vacuum once we're done!!
I might even be able to get some cedars from Bastrop, I have a Brother who cuts wood. Have to see if he's got a cutting spot.
I'll supply gas and oil for what I bring.
I'm also retired so if somebody has a spot, wants to cut before then, I'll help out. I get around but I'm not chipper 20 anymore!!!
PM for arranging cutting if you have them!!!
But please don't wait last minute.
I can work some here and there over the next month, then maybe we (whover the hell that is) can haul them to CP on the 11th!!!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
John,
On the gofund page, do you get 100% back or is there a percentage overhead/admin fee to them?
If so, I'd rather just slap green in your hand!!!!!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Jay yes they get a small percent. But it makes donating easy and it keeps all the funds public so we all can see what we have.

Checkbook, yeah I'm working on getting better deals. Dustin already got me the cable ties for about 1/4 of the price of Home Depot. I'll shop around for the blocks as well.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I look forward to also being there to help on the 12th. I will also match up to $500 in donations that come in from today till the 12th. Austin John, please track this.
This ($500 donations and my match of $500) should put us at a total of over $2,000. I am a big fan of the restocking lake austin with perch. We may need to stock them over the brush piles so that the new perch can find the cover needed to survive. I will also extend the offer if anyone closes a transaction (purchase, refinance, or construction loan) with me, I will donate $500 per closed transaction to our restoration project.

I appreciate everyone that is coming together to bring back our beloved Lake Austin.

Ryan Earl Leahy, CMPS, CDLP
Leahy Lending Team
Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc.
2600 Via Fortuna #330
Austin, Texas 78746
Work: 512.380.1921
[email protected]
NMLS #209010
Visit our website at Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc. - Leahy & Associates, Austin, Texas
And
Check us out on YELP
Well that didn't take long, we had over $600 raised last night after your post went up. Wow!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
We sunk a couple of more trees yesterday morning down from 360. That brings the total to 18 cedars, 11 Christmas trees and 8 bundles of woody stuff from cleaning the garden and beds.

·
Registered
474 Posts
and I would expect that KVUE and KXAN and all the other news/radio stations come out do a story on this. This is a fantastic thing that is happening and everyone in Austin should know about it and what dedication the angling community has to keeping LA in the condition it should be.

I'm gonna try to be there to at least donate my back and shoulders to this effort but seriously...I bet this turns out to be an absolutely epic event and everyone should know about it!

Reactions: Brian Booker

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well that didn't take long, we had over $600 raised last night after your post went up. Wow!
That is so awesome. Send me the donation register and I will be there next Wednesday with a check matching the first $500 donated as promised.

I look forward to fishing with all next Wednesday. I had something I could break away from tonight.

See you all soon!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts