Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill Carrol and I hit lake Austin on Friday morning.
Launched at Mary Quinlian Ramp at 8am. One other boat on water (White Nitro with 150HP) Started fishing ramp area. Winds had just switched out of the NE at 15-20mph. Water temp was 57 degrees and ultra clear. Fished edges of grass..Cranks, Plastics, topwater buzzbaits, and spinnerbaits. Caught a couple dinks.
Made a run towards Dell place and fished both sides of river. I started getting bit on spinning gear with split shot above a Watermelon Fluke and 2/0 Hook. Fishing boat slips, I caught bass from 10" t0 16"...or dinks for the most part.

Off water at noontime. Thanks Bill for asking to take me in your nice Red Ranger 521VX w/250HP. Beautiful rig!

Robert

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
A buddy and I launched at the lower end at 7am and fished until noon with the similar results. He caught 2 fish in the 4-5lb range and all others we caught were 8-12". We fished the docks because our yaks didn't much care for the strong winds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.