Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few things to report from my evening trip to LA on Friday night

1. Ecosystem - I can only speak to where I'm fishing and shooting bows but I'm seeing filamentous algae begin to take over the heavy majority of surface area on the floor of LA. I'm thinking in another few months it'll start matting and rise to the surface. I have no idea what this means for the future of the LA ecosystem but my hope is it's the beginning to an end of a bad story. This algae is rich in nutrients and can survive pretty harsh habitats like LA. Grass Carp typically don't eat it either. I don't remember seeing any of it last year but perhaps I'm wrong and it'll just die off this winter. Trying to stay positive about it.

2. Bass - Caught a few dinks on a small shad crank. They just weren't biting much that night. No wind.

3. Drum - Lots and lots of drum in the water. Some were of pretty good size too!

4. Carp - a very successful night sending grass carp to their makers. Another bowfishing boat was shooting in the area which was good to see. I could hear plenty of shots being fired. We shot an undisclosed number but believe it was a good night. My friend dry shot early in the night and the line came off which left us with only one bow or it would have been even better. I'm thinking of removing the carpet from my deck that is covered in blood stains and installing a rubber matting material that is easy to clean. I should send the receipt to the city to expense. It's the least they could do.

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

trump-hat.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Holy crap ... you're right. Your carpet is bloody as heck now!
I should start a GoFund me for you, can't count on the current City Council for much ...

In the meantime ... it sounds like what you want is SeaDek.
Would be a very attractive upgrade to a boat like yours. Heck ... when my carpet gets worn out, I may go that route too! (and get some of the rulers built into the deck!)

This is a boat done with SeaDek in Camo
images.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what type of bow setup are you using?
@Eric - I won't stop you from the GoFund. I already spoke wit Big Jake about getting the whole deck in gator guard. I'll look into SeaDek as well. The gator guard is going to run me like $2K.

@Alan - I just converted my war eagle bass boat that I have in a slip on LA. Put (4) 500W True Warm Seelites on the front of my boat and wired them to a pretty bad ass Duracell battery (forget the exact model, but it will power the lights for about 6.5 hours). Always happy to take you for a run if you'd like.

Day I installed everything:

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

boat.jpg

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Thanks for reminding me I need to finish my light set up. I am adding more LED lights on my PVC set up. There was a post about not being able to shoot carp on Lake Austin unless for consumption or bait. It looks like all restrictions have been taken off for Lake Austin, and we can dispose of carcass in what ever fashion we decide.

Great job out there. I think you have definitely made a difference along with our major floods.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
@Eric - I won't stop you from the GoFund. I already spoke wit Big Jake about getting the whole deck in gator guard. I'll look into SeaDek as well. The gator guard is going to run me like $2K.

@Alan - I just converted my war eagle bass boat that I have in a slip on LA. Put (4) 500W True Warm Seelites on the front of my boat and wired them to a pretty bad ass Duracell battery (forget the exact model, but it will power the lights for about 6.5 hours). Always happy to take you for a run if you'd like.

Day I installed everything:

View attachment 33497

View attachment 33505

View attachment 33513

View attachment 33521
Let me know if you ever need a shooter...I will be there for you

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I was talking about the bow
I have two Cajun Sucker Punches with AMS reels. I shoot innerloc tips made for Gar and Carp.

Been a good few nights. Below is a video and a photo.

Short Video (I'll be improving the quality of my videos and uploading them more regularly): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4o-XUwztuE

IMG_1541.jpg

Note my size 11/5 by this grass carps head:
IMG_1537.jpg

trump-hat.jpg

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
OK, I just need a legal place to dump the fish when I am done. Does anyone want the fish? I do not own land that I can just dump them for fertilizer.

Thank you
Cory

1 - 11 of 11 Posts