Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Michael and I am fairly new to this site. I used to be really into bass fishing and it slowed down after I sold my bass tracker. I use to fish East Texas a bunch...Fork, Cypress Springs, Monticello as I was living in Dallas.

A friend of mine just moved to a house on Riverbend, walking distance to the Steiner Ranch boat dock and we have been fishing it over the past few weeks. We have probably caught a dozen fish or so, the biggest around 2lbs(no scale) I had been looking for some good fishing info about LA and I ran into this site. I have read several of the posts and it seems that LA is a really good lake during this time of the year. Only problem is I don't have a boat. We are in the process of getting a small bass buster.

Most of the fish we have caught have been on rapalas or 1-6 ft cranks. A few have them have been caught on senkos, fished texas rig w/out the sinker. I am also confused about how to fish a wacky rigged senko when there is a lot of cover and grass beds. This method seems to be working pretty well for others on LA.

I was hoping that people would share their tips about where the best areas are to fish the bank on LA and some techniques on what to throw and styles.

Thanks in advance for your time and great website!

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Mojicaman,

Welcome to the site! Congrats on moving near one of the best kept bass fishing secrets in the state :) Give me a hollar and I'll give you some pointers for fishing the upper end of LA.

-Rich

·
Registered
105 Posts
The only places I've ever fished LA from the bank are Walsh and City Park, aka Emma Long. I've done better at City Park, my profile pic is of a 6 I caught after she spawned near her fry. Senkos work pretty good from the bank. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Retiring soon. Need bank fishing suggestions. June 2018

Sooo... I’m retiring soon and would like to resume fishing. I’ve fished the coast and up in Tyler and Palestinebut not that much in this area. To make things worse, I don’t have a boat so I’m limited to bank fishing. Most of the posts here are pretty old. Just wondering if there are suggestions for an old guy in the Cedar Park/Round Rock area. I don’t mind ranging to Buchanan or east to Somerville. Just need suggestions on locations. Any help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts