Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake Austin
Fished LA with JT last night. Started about 4:45 and fished until we ran out of beer. Fished 360 bluffs and reeds for a short while and picked up a couple dinks. The water down there was much clearer than usual. We were about to make a move but there were nice sized fish started schooling just within casting distance of the boat near the reeds. Picked up a 2.5lb schoolie out of the bunch. They only came up once more but could not get bit so moved upstream and fished the bluffs around City Park, catching dinks on WW and Trig. No pattern at all until the end of the night when we started fishing TRig stick baits on some deep structure and caught 3-4 fish off the one spot. Biggest was 4.5lbs, 19.75" (pictured). I also had a HOG around 6lbs on...we both got a good look at her as she broke me off right next to the boat.
JT- Thanks for the back seat. Had a blast and finally starting to get used to night fishing.

Da Pond
Fished the pond this morning before work pre-front style. Only hooked up with one fish the 2 hours I was there. This big booty freak hit on a model A firetiger. The digital scale would not come on but she weighed 7-0 on my lipper tool scale. Sorry for the long winded post but I am stoked on the cooler weather and bigger fish starting to bite again. Tight lines.

D

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Great report 'bone. I'm still learning how to fish LA at night myself (and during the daytime too!) ;D Congrats on that 7lb hawg, nice fish!

John

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will have to remember to bring extra coldies next time...or at least wait until I get on the water to break the seal.  ;) That 7lb fought like a champ. Thought I might have had a new PB the way she was pulling me around in the yak and peeling drag!

D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.