Bass Fishing Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
How have I missed this thread?

"TREE SHAKER!!!"

So, when is the fish fry? I can't imagine how many fish stix you can get out of an 11 lber.... Or do you fillet it, and then stuff the fillets with crabmeat? I would probably go the stuffed route with cajun seasonings, onion slices and a pat of butter on top. Gimme a side of asparagus too. 350 degrees for 20 mins, turn to broil for 10 mins after that! Yum.

Why is everyone all upset about this fish being killed when we recently lost an upstanding member of the Rap community? Nobody wants to talk about that, huh?

"RIP M-Bone". I never did the Dougie, but it looks like good times!

Go Mavericks! :sport20:

3 days in College Station with school out is gonna suck. Good thing the liquor store is open! :018:

Wurm

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Dez brings up a good point above. If you regularly weigh fish at tournaments, then you are regularly killing 20-50% of the fish you weigh via delayed mortality. Many studies have confirmed this fact. So to be a tourny fisher and to criticize a guy for keeping one trophy doesn't hold water. Seems to me it makes more sense to kill it and mount it than to release it under the delusion that it may make it when in fact, half the time you may just be making the turtles fatter. Immediate CPR makes sense. Keeping fish in live wells, standing in line with fish in unoxygenated bags for weigh in, weighing the fish, photos, then dropping her back in is stressful and often lethal. So you can't bust a dudes balls for skin mounting one. That being said, I'd replica one but not skin mount, what makes sense to me. Also, I only fish tournaments when the non-trophy fish are kept and eaten by us (not many like that!). Turtles already eat too well reckon. For further discussion on delayed mortality in tournaments and how to prevent it, see the Conservation section.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
I agree with you too CHITOWN..I just know I would hate to take a lot of heat over a really nice fish. But yes, it is a public forum so everyone is entitled to their own opinion. To each his own. I know I will be in my little kayak this evening on Bastrop so if anyone's around come say hi.
Do you have glitter on your kayak? That would be sweeet

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Ask Andy. Every time he leaves Oil Can Harry's he has glitter all over him.
Why do you think he's at Jacky's so often, as well as the other pourers, such as grande bass - that's where he gets the good stuff, obviously...

61 - 69 of 69 Posts