Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about all the successes that folks have had on this lake, my buddy and I decided to give Lake Austin a try. We launched at the 360 bridge and we travelled up river all the way up to Steiner Ranch. We fished all the way back and caught a few 2 and 3 pounders. Fish were shallow and sticking to all kinds of structure. The lures we used were creature type baits in Watermelon red/green and texas rigged. The trip was almost over when my buddy David Townsend hooked into a beautiful 11.55 pounder. David and I have been fishing together for over 15 years and I am fortunate to have been there to witness the event and share in the experience. It was the perfect ending to the fishing trip. Special thanks to Andy Nuyen from TTZ for stopping and letting us use his scale (it is used in the Tuesday and Wednesday Night tourneys). Note to self…….I Need to buy a bigger net!!!! :)

P4190004.jpg P4190003.jpg P4190009.jpg P4190007.jpg Big Mouth Bass.jpg

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nice fish! I'm always amazed how pretty those big fish are in Lake Austin.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Beautiful fish, congrats on what must have been an awesome day!

I can't congratulate someone for intentionally killing a trophy fish. Let them swim!!!!!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Andy said he kept it to mount...
Don't people realize fiberglass lasts longer and allows others to enjoy the moment? I understand it is his right and he is obeying all laws in doing this but I would still encourage folks to get a replica instead.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
It's Andy's right. He has like 6 real mounts of double digit bass on his wall at home from various trips. When he first started fishing a 4lber was a big fish so he mounted those too and hung them on the wall. He living room is like "night of the living dead" for black bass.

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
I have one of each in my office.

In my case, the origianal's appearance From 1989) is still better than the replica (from 1992).

Though that was back then when they first rolled out the replica mounts.

Both fish were gret memories in addition great monetary values (for back then).

kp

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know......David has thrown back many, many, many, fish ..... enough for all to enjoy......I respect his decision to keep and mount. She was fully spawned out and she would've gone twelve easy during her egg carrying days. David has one smallmouth, one striped bass, and one nine pounder caught with his Dad (has sentimental value). Lets not blow this out of proportion or put him in bad a light......he is not breaking any laws and he has put in his time and paid his dues.....congrats to my buddy again !!!!!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
You know......David has thrown back many, many, many, fish ..... enough for all to enjoy......I respect his decision to keep and mount. She was fully spawned out and she would've gone twelve easy during her egg carrying days. David has one smallmouth, one striped bass, and one nine pounder caught with his Dad (has sentimental value). Lets not blow this out of proportion or put him in bad a light......he is not breaking any laws and he has put in his time and paid his dues.....congrats to my buddy again !!!!!
+1 I agree.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts