Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my daughter out for a Father/Daughter fishing trip yesturday. We launched at quinlan park around 8am yesturday and to my surprise there were very few boats on the water. We fished up and down the weed beds and boat docks. Started out on top water and got slapped a few times but couldnt get them to bite. I have never really had much luck catching fish on top water, I guess the excitement of that explosion gets to me. My daughter (10 years old) kept her spirits high as we weren't having much luck. We then pulled into this little cove to investigate since we had never even seen it before. It was about 3.5-6 foot deep and clear as glass. We were trolling thru there and saw at least 50 fingerling bass and then we came across this Giant pig. She had to weigh at least 11lbs from the looks of her. I threw everything I could think of at her and she just looked at it. didn't spook away or anything. Then from nowhere this huge carp came thru and started chasing after these fingerlings.

We did have a good time spending time together, even though we didn't catch anything. Just great spending time with the daughter.

As we pulled out of that cove, Wake austin turned on. One boater came literally within 5 feet of me as I was trolling along the bank looking for fish. It came so close that my daughter started crying out of fear and even started to jump out of the boat, because he was coming strait at us and didn't break away until almost too late. We did exchange words some pretty harsh words. After that incident I ended up leaving out of frustration. As I was heading back to the ramp I noticed Austin's finest had pulled them over and was on their boat checking them out.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Glad to hear you got some quality time with your daughter, but sorry to hear of the close call.  At least the law saw their poor driving and pulled them over.  That stuff goes on all the time on LA, rarely being seen by the law.  Wish they could put ten times the force out there and clean out the morons...

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have seen a lot of big bass on LA in the past week to ten days. They are shallow, even in deep water, but don't seem to want to bite anything in my tackle box. Sorry to hear about your "event" especially with your young daughter with you. Some people just don't think, maybe the ticket will help your guy out in that department.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have the best time on the water fishing with my kids. I don't go to Lake Austin during peak 'wake' hours anymore for that very reason. Just not worth the hassle or frustration when dealing with those kind of people. :-/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.