Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to start out by going to Academy Friday night to get a new trolling motor prop (came off during the bastrop trip on Wednesday).

Got to the 360 bridge around 7:15am, docked the boat by myself and was about to start the boat up when I realized I left the NEW PROP AT HOME!!! Well since I was already there I wanted to throw in a couple or times. I decided to hit up a spot that produced a couple for me one day. I tied up and started throwing the ZOOM Watermellon seed worm... I had only 3 left (bought 2 packs friday yet they were at home...)First cast I hooked a 2 LB LMB, from then on for the next 2 to 3 hours was catching them. Bite slowed down once I was threw the worms, so I tried the watermellon red...not near the production the water.seed was producing.

For 3 hours of fishing tied to one spot I caught 10 LMB, biggest was a hair under 4LBs (my scaled is very old so I call it a good 4LB). 2- 3 to 3.5, and 5 in the 1.5-2.5LB range. only 2 under.

I thought it was going to be a bummer day when it started but it turned out to be a really nice one. I am learning the lake more and more each time. It is crazy when you are forced to fish in one spot (due to wake boarding boats) what you find out about the spot and what/how to fish it.

I am planning on taking another trip out there tomorrow morning again, but I have the prop and the worms in the truck already.

By the time I left the parking lot was FULL of trucks.

Ben

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got to Lake Austin 360 bridge and started fishing around 7:45am. Went to the same spot, someone was there... Older couple wish I had the number for the game warden. Anything they caught they kept.(LMB) but the kicker was undersize ones that would only make a nugget if that. Well by mid fishing trip the lady that was with the guy hooked herself pretty good with a crankbait. It looked well hooked and took a while for them to get back to fishing from that incident.

Well to fishing this morning. I talked my girlfriend into going with me, we were going to fish for about an hour or so only. Well she hooked the first fish (LMB @ 2LBS). She was excited. Then I got one (LMB @ 2.5LBS.) From there she took the next 3 fish...(All LMB 2.5LBS, 3LBS and a NICE 5LB BASS) I caught the final 3 LMB @ 3LB, 2LB, and a Dink(TINY .5LB if that).

All in all we had a great time. we went down the lake looking at some of the nice lake houses and called it a day.

We took some pictures so I will try and read on tomorrow to see how to post a pic. The 5LB she caught looked really nice.

ALL fish were released back in spot which they were caught.

I am starting to like this lake more and more. I want to try fishing these other coves.

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.