Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I launched at 360 bridge at 7:30 am and off the water at 10:30 AM.  Water temp 63, cloudy skies, light wind.

Fished north of the Hula Hut to north of 360 bridge using wacky and T-rigged senkos and traps.  Caught 4 fish, 2 dinks one keeper and one nicer bass about 19 inches.  If I had weighed her she would have tipped the scales between 21/4 to 21/2 but since I didn't, she weighed three pounds. :)

Very nice morning on the water, expect the bite would be better in the afternoon but sometime you just have to fish when you can instead of when you want.  Lot's of fishing boats but didn't talk to anyone really having a great day, hoping someone out there did.

· Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Good report, 4 in 3 hours isn't too shabby on LA, especially if your huntin' for a Pig. I wonder if TPWD will have to make the drive down again this weekend :)

I believe Yung (RudeHo) was out there again today too.

· Registered
1,789 Posts
6C4B4D565C4B53467D5645514A4C4C3F0 said:
We were all out there just about it seems like.  Talked to several ABFers out there today.  The common theme was that it was really tough going for pretty much everyone.  
Eh, it was kinda ok for me. I had a 5 and a 8. Best 5 would've prob been 22-23 lbs.

· Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5-20 wish I was on the back seat of your boat. Looked like a heavy congregation (conga line) going back into Bull Creek most of the morning. We were fishing but mostly for the peace that comes from it, Son had a rough week and needed to outside for a bit. The only grass we found on the bottom end of the lake was dead, any live grass up towards ELP?

· Registered
1,789 Posts
Oh, it was a grind, really. Almost all of my fish were on t-rig plastics in 2-10 ft of water. Caught one really quick then went a good while without anything and then got on a quick flurry of activity in the late morning. Went back to 360 to pick up a friend around noon. It was tough after that. I had a few dinks and then nothing for a good while. Finally caught that 8 and then we decided to call it a day. Got off the water by 530ish. My buddy never caught anything. Oh well.

BTW, Turbo, oh, all of the flats that used to hold grass prior to the drawdown north of 360 still have grass - just around the 12 ft. range. :)

· Registered
472 Posts
A friend and I fished last night - 7:15 to 2:15 am. SLOW. Thought they might turn on before the front but we only had 3 between us, and the best was maybe pushing 3 lbs. Tried docks, grasslines and bluffs. Nothing was working . Did get one very large sunfish that almost completely inhaled a plastic craw.

At least it was a nice night to be out. Off the water just before the weather changed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.