Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday I headed to Lake Austin to launch at the 360 bridge around 2:00pm. I got there and the parking lot was packed. There was a line to get in the parking lot, was there a tournament going on ? Looked like there was a strong current too coming from hula hut area going towards 360 bridge. I left and went to city park, we headed straight acrosse the lake and fished watermellon seed, and rattle snake(first time ever on shakey head). I had quite a bit of bites on the rattle snake shakey head but couldnt set the hook on any. I started using the watermellon seed and caught 2 LMB , 1- 12 1/2, 1- 14 1/2. current was still pretty stong.

Was there a tournament going on near 360 bridge? What was with the Current?

Also, where is Quinlan from City park? I heard quinlan is a nice spot to fish?

Thanks,

Ben

· Registered
1,895 Posts
Ben,

I believe the current you are talking about was the wind switching out of the south and blowing uplake.  It really turned on in the afternoon.  Lake Austin flows from Mansfield Dam, through Stiener Ranch/River Place, to City Park, to 360 Bridge, to the Hula Hut.

I'm not sure about any tournament. We fished around Quinlan, and only saw 1 Bass Boat in the a.m.  

If you were fishing City Park, you would need to go uplake to find Quinlan.  I'm not sure which direction that is on the compass, since there is a big bend in the river/lake near City Park.  But you would head away from the 360 bridge.  There's lots of hydrilla, rocks, docks, and bluffs to fish in that area.  It can be hit and miss, just like the rest of the lake....

Go to the Lakes Section of this site.  You should be able to locate Quinlan Park boat ramp there.

Good luck,

Tim

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply it must have just been the wind, I knew that if any flood gates were open it should be going the other way but it looked like a current. There were alot of people over at 360 area, once I got to City Park it wasnt packed, so I am not sure. Thanks for the info.

Thanks,

Ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.