102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time: 3pm to 8pm
Temp: 60-66
Pressure:29.5 and falling
Water temp 63-65 from Hula Hut to City Park
Wind: almost none
Moon: waxing crescent 10%

First trip to lake Austin for the year. Fished reeds, shallow grass lines, and boat canals with senkos, crankbaits and traps. Only managed two fish, 2 and 3 lbs. Didn't get the bites until almost dark. Pretty tough day for me. Thought I was going to get skunked.

Did a lot of looking for bedding fish. Found several big female cruisers, but didn't find any locked on. They are probably there, but I haven't found them yet.

Did anyone else have any luck? Possible further up lake?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I fished around the Quinlan Park area and almost to City Park on Wed. Fished for about 3 hours and landed three fish and missed one at the boat. Every fish I caught was in about 2-3 ft of water and nice solid 2-3 pds. I saw a bunch of cruisers but none sitting on beds yet. I had a good pattern going until I had to leave due to battery issues on the boat.

Sorry not trying to highjack your thread but I just thought I would share this picture of a couple of the fish that were caught.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.