Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my trolling motor back from Jacky Roberts at Fish Finders Marine today, so I was just dying to get it in the water. I've been dealing with it being stupid for over a year now, so I finally set aside some time to leave it with him. It worked great! Although, because I've dealt with it being messed up for so long, now I have to get used to it working how it's supposed to work again. ha, funny how that works. Now for the fishing...

Decided to go to Lake Austin instead of Travis so I can hopefully start following the bigger fish for the big bass tourney in Nov. Launched at 360 bridge at probably 2:30 PM and got off the water around 6, so about 3.5 hrs of fishing time. Decided to target creeks/sloughs to see if the shad have started moving back in them yet. Some had shad, some didn't...needless to say, the ones that had shad also had the bass...no shad, no bass. Started catching fish right off the bat, but only 10-13 inchers...on a small sexy shad shallow diving crankbait. Waded through probably 5-6 short fish before I hung-up my crankbait on a wood post. Picked up my flippin' stick with a jig tied on so I could flip a nearby dock before retrieving my crankbait. Dock was positioned at the mouth of a slough. Started pitching the jig around the dock, and as I pitched to one of posts at the end of the dock...got bit and put a 6lber in the boat. Cool! Spent the rest of the time working back into a couple more sloughs/creeks with the shallow crank and then would pull the jig out to flip docks along the way. Ended up catching a total of probably 10-12 short fish on the crankbait and 3 keepers on the jig flipping docks (the 6lber + a 4lb and 1.5lb). The 4lber was in the back of a slough under a dock and the 1.5lber was at the mouth of a slough under a dock. In all...fun quick trip...caught some good fish and trolling motor worked great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.