Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LAKE AUSTIN

DATE/TIME:  Saturday 21FEB09 6:30am-3:00pm

WEATHER:  Mostly cloudy skies, no wind until 9:44am (the front hit) then sunny with 15-18 mph WSW winds for the rest of the day.

WATER TEMP: (~58 around the lower end rising to 60 going up stream to mid lake)

VISIBILITY: Lower end stained to murky as winds picked up (Mid lake normal statin)(upper end very clear)

SUMMARY:

Met up with Rich M. fished the Big Sandy open this weekend.  It was a tough day for us.  Rich hooked up a few undersized fish on moving hard baits along docks and that was it.  Didn't really establish a pattern since the bites were far and few between for us.  We worked quite a few different pieces of terrain with a wide range of techniques (top waters, cranks, C & T rigging, jigs, shakeys, dropshots) but pretty much struck out.  One of those kitchen sink type days but still enjoyed being on the water.

Anyway, Congrats to those in the money and good seeing some friends on the water and at the ramp.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Good to see you guys out this Sat Yung.  It was sloooooow for Dan and I as well.  We pretty much fished jigs all day and had 7 bites.  Landed four of them for 14-15 lbs.  Caught one male off a bed and the rest came from under docks, couldn't tell whether they were bedding or not as we weren't sight fishing.

Seemed like it was one bite every hour or so which made for a very long day on Austin...been a while since I woke up early to fsh that lake. It was the first time I got to fish with Dan and hopefully it won't be the last, dude is a stick and I learned a ton watching him fish.

Congrats to Dale and Jake and the guys that took second, both teams weighed in some giants! As always, no matter how tough it is someone ends up finding em out there.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Steve and I fished Sunday afternoon from 1ish to about 4pm. We caught 3 fish, all on a blade.

Steve saved the trip with a nice 5lber midlake.

Lots of bass boats on the water, ran into Alan out there who reported a 4 and a 5 at time of conversation.

This week should be a good one with the warm weather forecasted. :cool:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Fished the Tournament Sat as well. Put 6 dinks in the boat in the first 2 hrs. Largest was 13.5". 5 were on TR baby rattlesnakes and lance caught 1 on a topwater. Missed a couple of good fish. Had one snap my line right after getting hooked up :'(. Then the front rolled in and we couldnt bye a fish. Was good seeing the guys in the morning at the ramp and getting out on the water. Was a great start. Water was calm, no wind and probably 55 degrees out.

Jim ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.